Daylight 521 Video & OOpse!

fisch

EDIT!!! I've started another thread in the engine section about the overflow issue.

As promise in my last thread here is the new "Return of the living Oil Drop!" movie. It is daylight now I am romping in the backyard :D:D:D:D:D and you have comentary by my wife and daughter. And if you didn't watch the last video, this is only the second time she's run on her own power in 10 years!

th_361af3e7.jpg

BUT THEN.... here is a pic of what happened when I parked her. Coolent gushing. I thought a hose or the radiator itself burst. But, rather, about a pint or more came out of the overflow tube. It wasn't leaking when driving. Only when the fan shut down cause I turned off the key. Remember I am learning as I go. Where do I start?

BleedingOut.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there were no grass rooster tails!!!

Your right! I was tempted. but didn't want to break anything on its second voyage!

BTW tha high pitch alarm type noise you hear later in the vid is my 21 year old Cockatoo named Fred.

thats so cool Fisch sounds like your family even enjoys the lil truck your a lucky man nice truck and WOW what a yard if I tried to drive around my yard it would have to be a bunch of 3 point turns at best :D

I like the video, it was funny when it died, your wife was all afraid she was going to have to help push it up the hill. But it got going again and she called it the energizer bunny,,,,gotta love the datsuns they just keep going and going and going....

Hell of a back yard by the way..........

very nice, but there were no grass rooster tails!!! install a overflow tank, itll cure that right quick. thats why cars have them.

Sounds great! But I don't think 521's came with overflow containers. The tube just runs down the side of the radiator and dumps on the ground. I could be wrong, I just don't see any mention of them in the manuals.

But that sure sounds like it would work. I see small pint sized overflow containers for later model cars on ebay. I'd have to find a place to mount the bracket, etc.

I've started a thread about this in the engine section. So please answer there so folks can reference it later. Thanks to all with input!

Loved the video & the commentary too :D As far as the overflowing coolant it may be a stuck thermostat or even a clogged radiator. How high did the temp. gauge go when it overflowed?

Gosh I don't know I jsut frreaked out and jumped out of the truck to grab a bucket.

So far I have picked up a cool stainless steel overflow container. And just snagged a new thermostat. I will get a cap at Napa once I get the other stuff.