Where NOT to get fuel...

I learned a painful lesson yesterday...don't get fuel at places you don't know. I had to run to gresham to pick up parts for the shop I work at, and I stopped on highway 212 to get gas. I filled up, and they topped it off four and a half gallons of 92 octane.

The attendant wasn't watching what he was doing and sprayed gas all over the side of my wagon, but that isn't the reason I suggest avoiding the gas station. I made it down highway 205 before the gas settled out at the problems started. at the I-5 junction it started bucking and stalling. I inspected my clear fuel filter and found it had water in the bottom, and my secondary had stopped pumping fuel in. I managed to limp the car back home to Newberg on back roads at 40mph.

I ended up draining the tank, the pollutants and water had made it past my Hastings fuel filter before the fuel pump, somehow managed to damage my Carter electric fuel pump and clog the clear filter by my weber. So far I have had to drain the tank, clean my lines, clean out the carb float bowl, replace my fuel filters, and now my pump is going out too. I saved samples of the gasoline, there is water in it, the fuel is a odd color, and little small pollutants floating in the gasoline.

Total cost of this venture:

$25 or more of a full tank of 92 octane ruined and drained from the tank

$15 of new clean 92 octane

$10 in fuel filters

$2.50 for Isoheat to soak up any left over water

$50 for a new fuel pump

$? for my time missed at work, and effort spent fixing these problems, and time wasted taking detours and limping home on shit gas.

So, yet again my car is screwed over by someones negligence...

So, when buying gas from this station, please be careful!

Damascus 76 Gas Station

Clackamas Hwy, Damascus, OR 20270

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ORS 480.315-320

"An owner, operator or employee of a filling station service station, garage, or other dispensary where class 1 flammable liquids are dispensed at retail may not permit any person other than the owner, operator or employee to use or manipulate any pump, hose, pipe or other device for dispensing the liquids into the fuel tank of a motor vehicle or other retail container."

some places let you do it, but it is techically illegal

I can't believe you can't pump your own! Wow I never though MA would have one up on another state!

Do you have to tip every time? Here if you choose full service you are suppose to tip.

Do you have to tip every time? Here if you choose full service you are suppose to tip.

I have never seen or heard of someone getting a tip for pumping gas.

\

:rofl: a friend from seattle was talking about OR gas and said somthing about tipping the gas guy and i was like "woah woah woah, hang on one second. who the fuck tips the gas guy?! Im not going to tip some idiot to fuck up a job I can perform perfectly fine on my own but am not allowed to by law."

I would much rather pump my own gas than have some dipshit screw up even that simple task

Sux...i"ll be pumping my own gas thank U very much ! Dont know how you Oregon guys do it.

its a PITA to be honest

but I do get a good laugh when OR ppl are in WA or CA and cant for the life of them figure out how a gas pump works :rofl:

or they forget its not OR and just sit in their cars waiting forever :lol:

I never let these no talent ass clowns in this town even remove the gas cap. Last thing I need is for one of them to break the key cover off the Roadster cap and then go to jail for beating him to death with a gas cap. I can however get non ethanol premium at one of the stations here and it is worth the extra 25 cents a gallon.

I never let these no talent ass clowns in this town even remove the gas cap. Last thing I need is for one of them to break the key cover off the Roadster cap and then go to jail for beating him to death with a gas cap. I can however get non ethanol premium at one of the stations here and it is worth the extra 25 cents a gallon.

I let them on the goon but only because I go to the same station all the time where they know me. but no ones touching the Z when its done but me.

So where is this gas station Mike?

the guys at the chevron i go to regularly seem to be spilling it all over my car theres a big nasty spot i have to keep cleaning off. Only certain one's, the younger guys. I'm going to start doing it myself and if they say anything i'll show them the spot and tell them to fuck off. I also never go to 76, they seem to have shitty gas in general.

sounds like sabotage! :angry:

i usually try to stay w/brand names when travelling, esp on backroads.

i thought they were gonna call the cops on me on my first trip to canby ( :huh: totally forgot!) i was at 1/2 tank when they rushed me :o

can you call the state to have the station inspected?

Here if you choose full service you are suppose to tip.

full service costs more than self. very rare nowadays.

when i was a gas jockey, i had 5-6 customers that would always tip me! :cool:

beer store directly across the street delivered (to underage buyers ;) )

How low was your gas before you filled up? You might have already had that junk in your tank and it finally got sucked up when it got to low. :blink:

And yes I pump my own every where I go.

nope...my tank was clean, and i get gas from the same station. i had around 4 gallons of good fuel in there, filled up there and i made it a few miles before the problems started.

it was some nasty shit...i had no problems until there, and the water got in my carb float bowl...basically, i made it far enough for the water to sink a bit and get sucked in.

yeah, most stations wont let you pump your own, there are a handful of self service diesel pumps around...maybe I should just get a pacific pride card.

either way, the damage was done, and I am out $100 and my car is down till I get the fuel pump

I have never been to OR, first time coming up next week. I take it the "stay in your vehicle while gas is being dispensed" is only in OR, not WA??

Thank You Spades for letting me know wher NOT to go for gas.

As for the "letting them pump gas" thing, I will stay in the van while the gas jockey handles it...

Oh, and BTW, worst place for gas...The Arco station just as you cross from Arizona into Utah, in St. George - That wasn't gas. That stuff sucked soooo bad.

Talk about leaving a bad taste in my car's tank. I knew something was up in my '88 Corolla when the highway mileage went from the comfortable 29 I had got the first leg of the trip to 18 MPG HIGHWAY, and to add insult to injury, the Check Engine light came on. Next place I got fuel was SLC, and as soon as the gas hit the carb, the light went out.

I have never been to OR, first time coming up next week. I take it the "stay in your vehicle while gas is being dispensed" is only in OR, not WA??

Ya just OR, I usually get out and make sure there not fucking it up and that they put my gas cap back on right.

Ya just OR, I usually get out and make sure there not fucking it up and that they put my gas cap back on right.

Makes me think that when it comes time for Canby my sedan 610 is getting the royalty treatment...

If some POS puts fuel on the paint of my girl, I'd fix the paint with their blood.

when i lived down near death valley i was passing by the only gas station for 50 miles in any direction when i see what look like a garden hose in the main tank i stop and sure enough he was putting water in the tank so i leave get home call local cop tell him what i see and let them deal with it...oh did i say that he also had the area towing company