Fisch's robot maddness!

Thought I'd share one of my side hobbies with y'all. I make robots out of junk! This stuff is all cold joined, but someday when I have a welder I will take it to the next level!

THis is D.O.G. he is a puppet. His head totally moves and he can open and close his mouth by pulling a trigger on his tail.

RobotDog02-05-08-1.jpg

This is Mr. Mojo Robo. He is also a puppet, and scoots around on skate board wheels.

OilDropcopy.jpg

This is a wedding present I made of my buddy.

WeddingFace.jpg

This is a pic from a photoshoot of me and my most advanced robot-puppet, Emerson. I take him around to schools and libraries and bookstores when I am promoting my books. The kids usually want to run home and make their own robots out of recycled stuff after seeing him!

IMG_0721.jpg

Here is a link to a video of him and about 200 kids! :D

Emerson

I love them and want to make more! Not enough time in the day!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

Freegin GREAT Fisch! Yeah man! Thats so cool!

I spend so much of my life teaching and so rarely do I come across any thoughtful, creative stinkin awesome ideas. There are just so darn many lame ideas and old warn out deliveries. I bet the kids just freak out! :D

Ever wanna come to Colorado? :rolleyes:

Very well done for real!

I wish I had time for a "hobby"..... :huh: :unsure: :blink:

Way to go Fisch! What an awesome way to promote reusing of materials! Now, to make one holding one of those LCD picture frames showing your '59. Call her 'Dottie' and let "her" have the old Rosie the Robot look from the Jetsons...She could be like a 'relative' (aunt, sister, etc) and be proud of the '59s accomplishments and resurection.

Here I go rambling again...Still, awesome job!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: OH OH OH you should make a little rat hood ornament. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

and you could use a manual clutch cable to make it move its mouth from the drivers seat.

• Like 2

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: OH OH OH you should make a little rat hood ornament. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

and you could use a manual clutch cable to make it move its mouth from the drivers seat.

+1! THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA!!!!

• Like 1

:o

I bet the kids just freak out! :D

Ever wanna come to Colorado? :rolleyes:

They totally freak! I PMd you, but YES touring is something I'd totally be into! I do it around new england, but would love to take the message even farther!

Check this out dude! This is a project that I designed to show the kids that they can make a robot out of recycled stuff too! The whole thing was done with almost nothing but a hole punch. (I made metal wheels which required punching a hole in them with a hammer and nail, but it could easily be done with plastic lids for wheels and a hole punch.)

Still-RobotHowToNoName.jpg

Awesome! When I bought my vintage road bike, the guy gave me a bin full of extra, useless original parts that came from the build. Almost all of it was scrap, but almost all of it was totally cool looking! My "robot" doesn't move QUITE as much as yours does, but the fingers all can be repositioned, and I left it so all the derailleurs and some of the other parts could still "function" like they do on a bike.

IMG00325-20100304-1052.jpg

IMG00326-20100304-1052.jpg

IMG00327-20100304-1052.jpg

IMG00328-20100304-1052.jpg

IMG00330-20100304-1052.jpg

Just started grabbing things and tacking them together with the mig. Turned out pretty cool, I want to grab more junk and do another one to give this guy a friend!

• Like 1

Those are absolutely awesome!

I too have been building junk creatures for many years. Most of mine are all animatronic though, built from junk and use CO2 or compressed air, or linear actuators to move/walk/talk etc... I build lots of Halloween type stuff for displays, haunted houses, etc., but all of it is very kid friendly with no blood or gore, and nothing that jumps out at them.

Here is a small vid of my garbage can dude. He is completely self contained with CO2 and is motion activated. (all built with junk laying around the house). He hides from the kids when they scare him, instead of him scaring them. Kids love him

th_P1080232.jpg

Creepy that is amazing right there!!! Imagine the bot we could build together!

Yep yep yep, craziness it would be, lol. That would be killer.

I'll see if I can find some more old vids. (maybe my 20' jumping spider or my little coffin that has a little kid skeleton dressed up in a goosebumps costume, that opens it up, sits up, giggles and says happy Halloween.)