SoCal to Washington via Oregon

lol i tried....

but, in a couple of months, I will be heading that way to get it...

Your trip sounds like more fun. The closer I get to going, the more I wish I was was 'Doing it in a Datsun'...

Namely in my 610 sedan ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your trip sounds like more fun. The closer I get to going, the more I wish I was was 'Doing it in a Datsun'...

Namely in my 610 sedan ;)

especially considering if you were in said sedan there would be a bitchin photo op in vacaville cali :P

especially considering if you were in said sedan there would be a bitchin photo op in vacaville cali :P

Oh, you know it. We could get 'ol boy with the wagon and make it a trifecta.

holy fuck :o i hope the owner of the van pays for the new bearing glad to hear he has so far been making good time he left my house at about 2 yesterday after swapin some parts and a burger keep truckin bro lookin forward to pics when you get home

Well i knew i should have worn safty glasses when doing that bearing but i couldnt find them so i said oh well. had to go to the eye doctor this morning and have a piece of metal taken out of my eye. fuck my eye hurts. well lesson learned keep looking for them till you find them. :(

oh that sucks, could have been worse. at least your not like me, i would have waited till my eye was swollen shut. i hate going to the doc.

ya well it was so hard to drive i figured i better go in. it was worse than driving drunk. my eye kept watering and wanting to close it sucks

ya well it was so hard to drive i figured i better go in. it was worse than driving drunk. my eye kept watering and wanting to close it sucks

did they just use a magnet to wing it out? FUck man im sorry to hear that, i can only imagine the pain.

Well he ran into a little problem

c555e1f8.jpg

he noticed a "wobbel" so we put it on the rack and his wheel bearing was about to come apart so we put a new one in and he will be heading out shortly

so thats what that was!

good thing he stopped to see you :lol: you deff saved him from a ton of trouble down the road

so thats what that was!

you deff saved him from a ton of trouble down the road

what a pal! you probably told em to just turn the volume up :lol:

oh yeah!

i can confirm that this is NOT something that you want to do on the side of HWY 1.

Update,Just met zero in everett,he dropped off the valance mold I bought from nizmo. The van is much better he said thanks again ssr you saved his bacon! We had some lunch and talked datto's for about an hour. Nice guy enjoyed his company,so now he is on the last leg of his spokane trip,just wanted to keep you all in the loop.

zerow just left our place. Got my new tires thanks to zerow for the shipping and ssr20det150 for the tires them self.He also got us some little 710 parts and even put them on. After some burgers and alot of datsun talk hes back on the road.

I'm BAAAAAACK!!!!!! (Think Aerosmith....) ;)

This trip TOTALLY ROCKED!!!!

First and foremost, a big THANK YOU!!!!! to sssr20det510 for saving my ass on that wheel bearing.

Well i knew i should have worn safty glasses when doing that bearing but i couldnt find them so i said oh well. had to go to the eye doctor this morning and have a piece of metal taken out of my eye. fuck my eye hurts. well lesson learned keep looking for them till you find them. :(

I just read that you had some metal shaving taken from your eye. I'm so sorry! I owe you big time, and the part we discussed for the labor cannot even be remotely enough for the work that you did. Thank You.

Bonvo, Thank You for the ride in the 610. It meant a lot to ride around in the car. I miss my sedan, and the trip and converstaion gave me more resolve to get her finished. Thanks, bro, I needed that.

100_1913.jpg

Skib, I see that the secret remained safe until I could post pics, so...

100_1982.jpg

In N Out Quest complete X2...

exit64 and kmc63, I really wish I could have checked out your rides. I want to do this trip again someday soon. This time in the 610. :)

Jas-ifras and Skunk, Your hospitality was second to none. I could not have asked for a better stop... well, the stop at sssr20det510's shop tops it, but for different reasons, of course. I was glad to be of help on the wagon, and the conversation and food was great, too.

100_2170.jpg

100_2171.jpg

Now, for my "After Action Review" or AAR in the Army...

I have never been north past Sacramento, Beautiful state we have here in California. I can see why they don't want to be part of the "Dirty Southern California"...

Oregonians - I loved how lush it was up there. Although the weather sucked this trip, the trip was simply breathtaking along most of the 5. And I know it has to be better off the beaten path.

Washingtonians - It was beautiful through your State. But, seriously, how can you deal with the rain? Here in SoCal, we avoid working when drops hit the ground, and, well rain seems to be almost the trademark! Oh, and one more thing - I never want to hear anybody up there not able to find a LSD for their 10 series car. I saw more Subaru 4WD cars up there than I have seen in my whole life. If you have WA in your address and no LSD in your 510, seriously, look around! I have seen rocking horse crap more than I have seen a LSD in a Subi down here in SoCal!

I will post my pics to an album on photobucket here before the end of the week. Thanks again for all of your well wishes, conversation, and great times! A trip I will never forget!

Zerow,it was nice meeting you,glad your trip was relatively uneventful asides from the wheel bearing. Next time you,ll have to shoot for a month or two later,here in washington there are a few days between july & september where it dosent rain.Maybe see you at Canby? :)