SoCal to Washington via Oregon

All right Ratsuners, I'm making a trip at the end of the month (leaving here on the 27th of April) from Moreno Valley, CA to Spokane WA. I will be passing through Oregon on the I-5. And, because I'm such a nice guy, I am willing to do some drop offs or pick ups along the way (for coin for delivery of course, and I DO NOT broker any deals. Confirmation of sale via PM from both parties prior to pickup/dropoff (I'm not taking stuff up that hasn't been paid for...). I have some exceptions:

1) Not my van, which translates to no major engine or driveline parts (full blocks, transmissions, differentials, or oily schwag). Cylinder heads are okay. limit it where you can...

2) If you are not on my route (which is pretty much the I-5), either up or back down, please, have a heart, meet me along the way. I have both cell and GPS, and know how to use them. I just want to stay along the path (for the most part) up and back.

and 3) I am not asking for a lot, but don't give me a wrinkly buck and a couple of quarters for taking (i.e. a set of SUs from Orange County, CA to Seattle WA. SUs are fragile, but at least there is no fear of them being lost in the mail, and I have to make one stop along the way for some Datsun parts anyway. (see you in 9 days, bonvo).

So, let me know what you folks need. I have to make the trip anyway (helping family), but I remember buying a bumper from someone in Everett and using Greyhound to ship it down here to SoCal. The wait sucked, and the station acually caught me off guard as to what day it was due to arrive (they were a day off...) Post or PM.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when you headed up man?

I live off the 5 :cool:

I'm leaving the 27th. I want to be in Grants Pass by the evening of the 27th (have family there as well). Then I'm headed up to Spokane.

Its about 3.5 hours till you hit me from grants pass, if your lookin to stretch your legs and grab a bite by then feel free to gimmie a ring, theres a few good places to grab a burger/sandwitch and a beer right off the 5 in Wilsonville.

Its about 3.5 hours till you hit me from grants pass, if your lookin to stretch your legs and grab a bite by then feel free to gimmie a ring, theres a few good places to grab a burger/sandwitch and a beer right off the 5 in Wilsonville.

I'll take you up on that :thumbup:

Would you be driving back by chance?

I should have posted that part... :blink:

Yes, I will be back in SoCal no later than the 3rd of May.

If you want to stop by my shop and say hi ill be here right off I5 when you hit washington

Send me an address to drop in the GPS. Don't have too long to stay and chat, but anything along the way is doable :thumbup:

Send me an address to drop in the GPS. Don't have too long to stay and chat, but anything along the way is doable :thumbup:

(Nevermind...zerow = idiot) I should have read your sig...

I live right on I-84 in Hood River. You better stop in for a quick pit stop and some hospitality. From here it is a quick 4.5 hours to Spokane.

No Problem. Give me an address for the pitstop. With as long as I will be sitting in that van, I'd better stretch my legs wherever I can.

have fun.

be sure to stop at least once (w/pix) @ inNout! ;)

what about a short block? to WA

In N Out pix are a must...

How much of a short block... <_< ?

maybe you could put a truck on a tow dolly and bring it down? JK I will be taking a bus up there to retrieve said truck lol.

yeah, I will definately be towing it, I have not driven it in years (5+) and its the original V8. Not sure if it would make the drive. I will tow it down this fall most likely. Its definately going to be different building a Catalog Truck (ordering everything out of a catalog)

maybe you could put a truck on a tow dolly and bring it down? JK I will be taking a bus up there to retrieve said truck lol.

HAHAHAha ha...

Said van is a Sienna, my cousin doesn't have that much stuff. We tow small things (like when my 610 needed to make the move 30 miles to its new digs). That Grapevine would be a bish with another car or truck strapped behind it... :blink:

I look forward to the drive. I have seen the I-10 from California to El Paso, TX. Reminds me too much of Iraq... :mellow:

Thanks for the votes of confidence. I will most definitely be taking pics along the way. And meeting up with some ratsuners along the way :)