Need decal info

kansascity1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to post this in here so I'm not whoring country's thread in the project section.....

I'm looking for a set of these decals, or the dimensions on them so I can have them made. If anybody has any info, please let me know.

Picture021.jpg

Oh yeah, I got one.

I will be working with Clayton to possibly duplicate it with better material.

If we get enough interest to produce it then...........

Datsundecals.jpg

we had them made in a carbon fiber looking vinyl to match our flares, it turned out real cool. we had a 510 door that had it on and laid paper across it and ran a pencil across it sideways to get the edges. then we just took it into a vinyl place and they made it from that.

pl521... I might be interested in them if you start making a set, depending on cost. Are you going to make a decal for the tailgate logo as well, or just the sides?

Or... if you're up for it, how about scanning it and posting it up, or just giving the dimensions and font?

Hey. We discussed this a while back on the other forum. There were these two types that dealers applied. My first truck had this type. I wouldn't mind a set to use someday on the "tilted" lettering. Here is a picture of My first truck in 1974 before it became the Datsun SS.

Lepker620.jpg

Good God, that is the longest whip antenna I've ever seen in my life... what is that, 10 feet long?

Personally I prefer the first style posted... but, that's just a personal preferance.

Mike, do you have the link to the other thread? I think I recall seeing it too, but it's been a while since I've seen it...

71-521... I know I'm going to sound like an ass for saying this, and I don't mean to be rude, but I think that's the same picture that started the thread... check the first post... pl521 mentioned he was considering making a run of them, and Mike (Steroid) mentioned that there are a couple sources for them...

OK. Here is (was) Dave Bednarczyk's truck as it came from the dealer. Also a side view of the Golden Goose. These photos of both trucks are circa 1974/5. Notice also on Dave's truck the chrome steps and handles that were added on the back of the cab. Also, in the last photo, the stickers that were added to His bumper. Enjoy!!

lilhustler2.jpg

lilhustler.jpg

golden_goose_3.jpg

lilhustler3.jpg

If someone can give me the dimentions I can hit up a couple shops and find out a rough cost for a run... Actually, I'll measure the length tommorow morning on my truck, and I can guess the height, unless someone actually knows...

That's all I'm after also, I can get mine made for free. Not to try to screw any one on here, but I'm like the rest of y'all......building this truck on a budget and free is my price.

Here is another Truckin' card. No side stripes on this truck, but another view of a "high end" show truck of 1974. These are both Pacific Top camper shells. I have one that I located that will be on My blue truck someday. Ron, You remember these days?!?!?!

jimwitzigs74.jpg