Need decal info

kansascity1

If someone can give me the dimentions I can hit up a couple shops and find out a rough cost for a run... Actually, I'll measure the length tommorow morning on my truck, and I can guess the height, unless someone actually knows...

I can give you the stripe measurements, not sure what the dims are on the font. I'd be curious to see what they'd cost from a sticker guy ;)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, the distance from the bottom of the door up to the bodyline on a 620 is 4 1/4 inches. By looking at the black and white photo of the Golden Goose, I would guess that the stripes were 3 1/2 inches at the outside of the horizontal stripes. Maybe the owner (above) of that vintage set can verify that. I think that 3" is too narrow, but 3 1/2" is more accurate. Also, on the other forum, there were owners of trucks that still had those stripes on the sides. I might have one door that has one, but it is buried right now and also was painted over. This shouldn't be to hard to track down. Ted????

Here is another Truckin' card. No side stripes on this truck, but another view of a "high end" show truck of 1974. These are both Pacific Top camper shells. I have one that I located that will be on My blue truck someday. Ron, You remember these days?!?!?!

jimwitzigs74.jpg

Do I remember those Days?...shoot i tried my damndest to get my truck to look like the "Golden Goose"....I got the mirrors, I got the spoiler, I got the camper shell, I got the pinstripes, I put my CB antenna on the cab top instead of the bed side....Did you ask if I remembered those Days?...(I was 35 yrs old in that picture...)

30Years0016.jpg

Awesome...

Steroid, that sounds about right for the measurements.

The font is DATSUN font...you might be able to find something close.

Ted has a set he could measure...I need to reinstall AutoCAD again before I can get the measurements. Once I have that back on I can get my cutter running again :D

• 2 months later...

I know, a bit of a dead thread, but I asked a guy I know about the DATSUN vinyls shown on the first page... He said that depending on how many get made, it'd be $20-$25 a side... so $40-50 for both. Is that too much? Redeye, any estimate on your cost for these, if you were to start making them?

Hey. We discussed this a while back on the other forum. There were these two types that dealers applied. My first truck had this type. I wouldn't mind a set to use someday on the "tilted" lettering. Here is a picture of My first truck in 1974 before it became the Datsun SS.

Lepker620.jpg

I forgot to ask the first time around, what wheels are they?

They look like Peco stars, but I'm not sure if they were an American wheel or unique to Australia.

I know, a bit of a dead thread, but I asked a guy I know about the DATSUN vinyls shown on the first page... He said that depending on how many get made, it'd be $20-$25 a side... so $40-50 for both. Is that too much? Redeye, any estimate on your cost for these, if you were to start making them?

I was asking $30 for a set of Lil' Hustler stripes, but Datto guys are cheap never sold one set :D

I'd ask the same for the DATSUN ones.

Do I remember those Days?...shoot i tried my damndest to get my truck to look like the "Golden Goose"....I got the mirrors, I got the spoiler, I got the camper shell, I got the pinstripes, I put my CB antenna on the cab top instead of the bed side....Did you ask if I remembered those Days?...(I was 35 yrs old in that picture...)

30Years0016.jpg

That is so f-in cool! That is the same house isnt it? Is that the same truck?

I wish I had pics of me and my old rides from back in the day.

Awesome, no point in getting these done then.

How's the Ratsun stickers coming along?

Stickers are moving along. Tracing lines isn't the funnest thing to do, but I'm just about finished. Just gotta trace the RATSUN.NET and start cutting (text is a pain to trace). :blink:

If someone could get a really good side shot directly on the DATSUN text of those stripes, I could get started vectorizing those stickers as well.