76 gas station in DuPont

On the way to work I stopped in to the 76 gas station to grab a can of tea and some mints for work. I get withing 6' of the counter and the employee at the till without looking, apologizing, or any other words other than "doing shift change, you got to wait" and slaps his register closed sign like a judges gavel on the counter in front of me. :blink:

Need less to say, I left my tea and mints on the counter and I will never return. :angry: I have been going to that store for 2 years, never had any issue during the day shift. But the night shift, to say the least needs to work on the customer service. :fu: <--not smiling

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a lot of anger over some tea and mints.... :D At least he didn't make fun of you because you were buying tea and mints. I only say that because I'm a tea drinker and I get shit for it all the time.

I understand that completely, I stopped going to a gas station cause the gas pump kept telling me to pay inside... They was closing inside, I go knock on the door saying hey the gaspump is fucked trying to let them know.. all I get is "Sorry we're closed go somewhere else" I just look at her and tell her "sure thing and I wont be coming back either" I just wanted to pay at the pump...

Well as far as the anger, I work security at State Farm Regional in DuPont, I have delt with angry customers that feel like they are getting shortchanged in their settlements, domestic abuse cases and any other "issue" that comes my way with a smile and respect to all. Customer Service is very important part of my job description. As far as the owner, the shift manager and other employee saw and said nothing. I might stop in after work and speak to the person in charge in the morning. <_<

I've had that happen to me. Just put the money for the stuff on the counter and walk out. Thats what I did, when they asked I just kept walking and said without looking the money was on the counter go get it.

Respect is WAY over looked these days. As if being a register jockey at a gas station over night where you sit on your thumb and get paid for how ever many hours is such a bad wrap. He should come to Jersey where he has to stand out in the freezing cold and pump gas. Maybe he will learn to appreciate shit.

They pump gas for you in Jersey? I thought that was only an Oregon thing. I can't stand it. And usually they'll let me fill up the 510 by myself since it has the huge fill neck and the auto shut off doesn't work since there's no pressure coming back.

Of course, I'm not in Oregon that much.

I have to be at work early in the morning, so it's about 5:00 when I roll through town and stop at a local gas/crap station for a cup of coffee and maybe a dounut. This one station seems to only hire the heavily tatooed and perferated kids to work the night shift. Not a problem. I find it interesting the amount of decoration some people require to be happy. Unfortunatly they all seem to have the same work ethic. Do as very little as humanly possible, and try not to drool because their mouths are always open. Well, one morning I come in and the 50 cup pot of coffee is out. I grab a soda instead and mention it at the counter. The girl behind the register looks up at me blankly and stares. Then the neurons click in and the brain powers up, "OH, yeah." Off she goes to the pots and hits the "perk" buttons on all of them without changing out the grounds. I ask her what good that is without new grounds, and that I often thought the coffe was a little weak here. She returns to the 18-miles-away stare. I stop going to that station , but decide to stop during the day a couple of weeks later to talk to the manager about his night shift employees. He listens and nods a lot as I tell him of the weak coffee and the lack luster service of his staff. He then tells me that he can do very nicely without customers like me that don't understand the simple economics of running a station 24 hours a day and even the subtlties of coffee making. I told him I would be happy to stop filling my truck up twice a week at his station and find somewhere else to get my coffee. I sure we are both much happier now.

Customer service? What customer service? I am running out of places to go! lol When I do get good customer service I am so amazed & shocked that I let them know how much i appreciate it! To few & far between

At my job the be dicks. I try and help the customer out but the fucken management just says no. Its not your job and that lawsuits could arise for touching someones computer, and or jumping someones car, and or giving directions, and or helping someone who got hurt, and or giving them advice...

Your your just telling me to say no and next!!?!?!?!? That is supper lame and angers me to shit...

one reason why i dont want to go to oregon or now jersey i pump my own fuel thank you

as for the customer service thing its not so bad here in a small town but once you get to a big city like sac its all over i just stopped expecting it

one reason why i dont want to go to oregon or now jersey i pump my own fuel thank you

its not that bad lol I get to know the local guys so I always say hey and talk with them while they fill up the datto, and they know the quirks of pumping gas on a datto now lol. Theres one old mexican guy thats been working there for at least the last 6-7 years, Id see him very day in HS when Id get food/drinks to go skate so I know him pretty well and stop at that station to drop in and say hi to him while I grab my gas and munchies

I moved here from CA I know how to pump my gas but its fucking hilarious to be in CA or WA and watching OR people trying really hard to figure out how to pump their gas :rofl: or they pull up and forget its self serve and just sit in their cars waiting and waiting forever :lol:

I never understood peoples problem with people pumping their gas lol. You stick the nozzle in and pull the handle, it's not something people fuck up on a regular basis. I could understand like a super car or something exotic but a regular car? please......

Not directed at you bonvo. Hear it all the time though. "Don't want some idiot pumping my gas!" I just laugh, to each their own, I'll chill in the warm/cool car thank you very much.

I never understood peoples problem with people pumping their gas lol. You stick the nozzle in and pull the handle, it's not something people fuck up on a regular basis. I could understand like a super car or something exotic but a regular car? please......

lol thats why I always get a good laugh :rofl: they get so confused sometimes and its a simple task, swipe your card, hit the big yellow button of your choice and stick the nozzle in.

and it is nice when its like 20 fuckin deg out :P

Whatever....

I live in Cali,,, and I worked at a gas station for a while........ it aint just people from oregon who don't know how to pump gas....

So many fuckin' idiots who have lived in Cali their whole life...... they swipe their card...... .. remove the nozzle, and try to fill their tank without selecting what type of gas they want........

Then look around for me to help them.......... or start pushing the yellow sticker right above the yellow button.....

And then they try to squeeze the nozzle again............. ugh.....

Had a friend sued a gas station in OR, the gas jockey was paying more attention to the girls than the gas (gas cap was inside the trunk due to shaving the lid) Well to make a long story short, gas got sprayed all over the custom amp racks and interior of the trunk. The punk almost got shot when he tried to say thier was nothing he would do. Needless to say the cops and the station owner got called in. They settled for 8K :blink:

i am a hardware technician for a pretty major chain...

the people working their 80% of the time are retarded, or way to high. customers are some of the dumbest people in the world.

nobody gives a F cept the greedy owner.

to prove my point i submit this:

so far this week ive had...

2 calls to remove credit cards from a cash acceptor, its funny how the big picture of a dollar bill doesnt work

3 "emergency" calls, for stuff the site should of checked before they even called me, like paper jams, or somebody put a folded in half bill in and it didnt work, so "nothing takes cash".

ps, i have to dress like a oregon pump jockey. so everytime some oregon tourist pulls in they stare at me...

and the keep staring at me, its like they expect me to hop on over. even had one guy roll down his window and say "excuse me sir.." i told him it was aganst the law for me to pump his gas and walked away.