RC Cars

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a tamiya 1/12 scale top, its the bob sharp 280zx one. unfort. it doesnt fit my 1/10th scale tamiya ta02 chassis. i still gotta paint it, but it looks wicked. even has the spoiler too!! what scale is that 510? i was gonna buy the whole tamiya 1/12th car, but they want 600 on ebay for it!!

I am in this issue holding the BRE RC car standing in front of my BRE 510. Picture was taken at JCCS.

What chassis is it? I have that body but it's not the right length for my Tamiya TT-01 chassis. :mad:

Right now I'm running the next best thing for a body... :D

normal_Picture_003sample.jpg

I did pick up a MK4 Supra body and have been thinking about switching from AWD to RWD so I can try some drifting... :P

yup, we drift with the hard abs tires, they have little bit of grip, but nothing great, check on ebay, lots for like 10 bux a set for 24mm ones. my gf hasd the tt-01 chassis, its actually pretty nice. shes got a subi, solbergs actually, painted exact. i had a skyline, that body is toast, now i got a eclipse, but its showing wear from racing and drifting. oh, its awd drifting, these things dont do too well with just rwd, they just spin in tight circles, and if you get it going, straight, any input will loop it, and fast and tight. awd gives way better control, and speed. best is on smooth garage floor concrete.

i used to be really into racing RCs(back before i had my license and had nothing better to spend my money on) but luckily i still kept most of my cars. got a fully custom RC10GT with a prototype chassis, a few tricked out micro RS4s, TC3, and a Legend. the only thing i really use anymore is the TC3. i made my drift tires for only a couple bucks using old wheels and black ABS from Lowes. one of my friends had bought drift tires before and my homemade ones seemed to work better and last a LOT longer. but since i got my 10 turn motor, i can drift just as well with rubber tires on.

yup, we drift with the hard abs tires, they have little bit of grip, but nothing great, check on ebay, lots for like 10 bux a set for 24mm ones... awd gives way better control, and speed. best is on smooth garage floor concrete.

I'll try the ABS tire thing this week and see how it goes. ;)

Never tried a smooth concrete floor either, my car's never seen anything but asphalt.

E30 M3 mmmmmmmm! I want!!!!

Got the M3 TT-01 kit off ebay for about $90. You can get the other stuff you need (battery, controller, charger) from a hobby shop for another $60~. So figure $150 to get started with this chassis. But you can buy it a piece at a time to save the hit on your wallet. Get the kit first, then as you build it, you can buy the other stuff one piece at a time.

since i got my 10 turn motor, i can drift just as well with rubber tires on.

More power might be the answer too. Works when drifting a 510 anyway... :D

yeah, I know all about the kits out there. Granted I am not up to speed like I used to be but I might get back into it when I have more money than I know what to do with. Right now its all about the real cars, I will get back into this though. peace.

heck 10 turn!! i got a 28 turn motor in mine!!! i really need some 4800 mah batteries now. got a futaba speed cntrl. the motor only cost 10 pounds from england too! i got so much power, the batteries will help. you can get so much cheap stuff on ebay. i just finished spending 150 on ebay hopping up mine. and with my b-day and christmas on the horizon, i may be able to get the batteries!

heck 10 turn!! i got a 28 turn motor in mine!!!

it looks like you arent to much up to speed on how electric motors work. the lower the wind(turns), the faster the motor. a 28turn motor is a stock class motor, and anything below that is a mod class motor in racing. my speed control is one of the very few that'll even support a 10 turn motor. i also have to replace brushes in it almost every time i run.

it looks like you arent to much up to speed on how electric motors work. the lower the wind(turns), the faster the motor. a 28turn motor is a stock class motor, and anything below that is a mod class motor in racing. my speed control is one of the very few that'll even support a 10 turn motor. i also have to replace brushes in it almost every time i run.

remember the "super rooster" speed control from NOVAK? It could handle as low as a 12 turn and as high as a stock class torque amp sucker! The best part was, it had reverse!!!! That was like the ticket back then, because most low turn speed controllers never had reverse. You were a NOVICE aka NOOB if you had reverse, and they would whip you with their radio antenae's. peace.

i wouldve always liked to have reverse, but when i bought all my stuff was when i was racing and they didnt even allow it. i had been thinking about getting a reverse one but i love all the features on my Novak GT-7, plus it has no limit on motor winds as most others on the market only go down to 12 turn. being fully programmable, im still trying to "tune" it to be able to have some control when i put on my abs tires with the 10 turn.

ha HA!

P1000597.jpg

random idea, throw the 1:25 510 body on that xmods chassis sitting over there...looks REALLY close. I think I'll be able to shave the fenders enough to correct the wheelbase. BUT I don't remember much about the xmod, primarily why it was sitting in the corner with 3 wheels and no body...I have a bunch of parts somewhere though

Its a Lancer. So technically it's an Evo EVO

It's gonna be tough making room for the tires to turn and work with the suspension. I could just make it tall, but wheres the fun in that?

So now I'm back to looking at hot rod parts for xmods. theres some pretty trick stuff out there, this will do until I can afford a bigger "real" RC car like above