Norcal Japanese Classic Car Meet 3/20/2010

jsvteck

What a meet! A huge amount of cars showed up, the Ratsun crowd was very well represented as well as the Toyota crowd. Great weather, not totally clear skies but very warm indeed. I took my camera but forgot to charge my batteries so I only managed to take pics of most if not all the Datsuns, and some of the what I thought were cool Toyota rides.

I'll post them as soon as I get some rest. I busted ass getting ready for this meet all day Friday. I had to clean up my grill and coolers. After a while we were getting hungry so I busted out my propane bbq grill and cooked about 3-4 dozen hot dogs guys brought out (with no ketchup!!??..haha), then busted out the marinated carne asada and chicken/pork brought by others along with key condiments like cilantro, onion, mexican fresh cheese, limes, and fresh homemade (hot) salsa. All of a sudden riathe back of my wagon became a taqueria. There was so much food that we didn't even get to the other 2 meats I took with me. Man those tacos were pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Guys brought brownies, chips, and added thier drinks to the other cooler full of drinks I brought. It sure helps to have a goon for all this.

Ok screw the resting, here's the the pics.

First we had a little caravan of about 13 or so on the way over there. Then lots of cool rides.

DSCN7010.jpg

DSCN7011.jpg

DSCN7012.jpg

DSCN7013.jpg

DSCN7014.jpg

DSCN7016.jpg

DSCN7017.jpg

DSCN7018.jpg

DSCN7019.jpg

DSCN7020.jpg

DSCN7021.jpg

DSCN7022.jpg

DSCN7024.jpg

DSCN7025.jpg

DSCN7026.jpg

DSCN7027.jpg

DSCN7028.jpg

DSCN7029.jpg

DSCN7030.jpg

DSCN7031.jpg

DSCN7032.jpg

DSCN7033.jpg

DSCN7034.jpg

DSCN7035.jpg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wish i could of been there guys my damn engine blew out on the way :(

oh no! sorry to hear that man. it was a good meet, and it was nice to see so many people from the forum that are local. we should have more!! who is the owner of the nice rising sun black 510? i think i will have to say that was my fav car of the day.

oh no! sorry to hear that man. it was a good meet, and it was nice to see so many people from the forum that are local. we should have more!! who is the owner of the nice rising sun black 510? i think i will have to say that was my fav car of the day.

That's lowlifestyle (?) from JNCC.

hey were you the guy wearing the gray ratsun t-shirt?? haha i thought i saw one person wearing one!

Yep that was me. :)

Yeah Mark, I took that pic for you...boy those have some SERIOUS lip on them. Wow!

Nice meet! Will be awesome next time witha little more organizing like lining up all the Datsuns together

(will make for a Great Pic)cool.gif

I came out with 10lbs of chicken to share I thought it would be like a potluck style BBQ. Mario's Goon became the lunch truck (la lonchera) of the day..laugh.gif

Thanks for the Tacos, homemade salsa and the drinks

It was a pleasure meeting some of u guys..

Funny story... Yesterday im rolling the home from the show in the 510 and just parted ways with my buddy Jerry in his clean red 620 and merge onto 238 and I see a little silver late 90's honda civic and what looks like a guy getting a little road head...BJ on the road...what ever you wanna call it so Im like Im gunna roll up next to this guy and give him the man to man thumbs up...until... his BOYFRIEND :o pops up from his lap :blink: I was floored... I couldnt stop laughing after the shock of it all. :lol:

When are you going to put some air filters on that motor?

Where did you get those air horns?

I dont plan on running any air filters unless I take a long road trip or drive it in the rain... as far as the airhorns they came with the carbs

I came out with 10lbs of chicken to share I thought it would be like a potluck style BBQ. Mario's Goon became the lunch truck (la lonchera) of the day. Thanks for the Tacos, homemade salsa and the drinks

It was a pleasure meeting some of u guys..

Hey Allen it was nice to meet you, your wife, and your sister and thank you guys for the chicken, I think you gave us half of what you brought! haha :P

I had some last night after getting home, since I only had about 2 tacos while I was there. Thank your wife and sister for helping us finish cooking the last of our carne asada after our grill ran out of propane. Next time (I'm sure they'll be another after this sucessful gathering) I'll bring the steak and you can bring more of that chicken. :)

I would like to thank everyone that came out to the meet if I dint thank you personally and if I did thank you personally I would like to thank you again. I'm glad we have good support in out car community cause it turned out a lot better than I expected it to. :mrgreen: By the way things turned out i will most likely plan another one not sure when but I will.

By the way things turned out i will most likely plan another one not sure when but I will.

Right on, you did a great job on letting the word out and that's the key. The folks I talked to all agree another one is wanted at some point especially now that the weather is warming up.

Right on, you did a great job on letting the word out and that's the key. The folks I talked to all agree another one is wanted at some point especially now that the weather is warming up.

Definately would love to do this again. I have some pics to share, but too new to blogging and need a little help.unsure.gif

Definately would love to do this again. I have some pics to share, but too new to blogging and need a little help.unsure.gif

You just have to have the pictures hosted on some other site like photobucket or anything similiar then to post them on here you just have to get the pictures URL (you can get this by right clicking the picture and clicking properties and the URL will show up (hope this helps):

then you just have to [ IMG ] yourURLlinkHERE [ /IMG ] with no spaces between anything.

Great turn out for sure!! Nothing like looking in the rear view and seeing a train of datsuns rolling down the freeway.

Thanks for putting it together and hey, Alameda County or whatever made a boat load of parking moneys!!!

Sorry I couldnt stay for longer but it was killer hanging out with everyone.

Cant wait for the next one.

Great turn out for sure!! Nothing like looking in the rear view and seeing a train of datsuns rolling down the freeway.

Thanks for putting it together and hey, Alameda County or whatever made a boat load of parking moneys!!!

Sorry I couldnt stay for longer but it was killer hanging out with everyone.

Cant wait for the next one.

Yeah no kidding, you bailed pretty early. No worries man, I made sure to take care of your Snapples! :)