More rear lowering questions

So I'm finally getting ready to buy lowering blocks for the rear of my 1200 and I'm having some shopping issues. Most of the sets that I have found are for 3" axle tubes. When I measured my car it seems that they are 2" or even 2 1/8". Where would I get the correct lowering blocks, I am going for 3 or 4 inches of lowering.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No...not on your own...just that everyone is trying to find you some! I know that it's not uncommon to use the blocks from the kit with different Ubolts that fit the axle better. Those should be available from a number of sources online. Lookin forward to seeing it lowered!

In my locallity (Pierce County) there are several shops that specialize in springs and such, mostly indistrial applications that will make you springs or custom bend you some U bolts for cheep. The one in tacoma that I use for this type of thing is called Right Way Springs! Look around locally and Im sure you can find a spring shop that has the equipment in house!

Nice it's good to hear that I have help, I figured just making sure. :rolleyes:

I just ordered the collars to lower the front and after taking a look at it I found that for the height I want I will also have to cut the springs or putt coil over sleeves on the collar.

M2C-S_170.jpg

I might have to do something like this

10084.jpg

dont use those clamps!!! one good hard knock and they will slide i would use them the way wagdatto sugested find where you want it to be with the clamps then weld a bead right below the clamp so it cant slide past that pointthat way its still "adjustable" but it wont go past the point of no return so to speak

dont use those clamps!!! one good hard knock and they will slide i would use them the way wagdatto sugested find where you want it to be with the clamps then weld a bead right below the clamp so it cant slide past that pointthat way its still "adjustable" but it wont go past the point of no return so to speak

Have you had this happpen to you personally or someone you know? The clamps are supposed to be torqued to a certain amount. I understand that it would seem likley for this to happen but many many people have done it this way.

Guest kamakazi620

Have you had this happpen to you personally or someone you know? The clamps are supposed to be torqued to a certain amount. I understand that it would seem likley for this to happen but many many people have done it this way.

just think about it 1800-2000 pound car being supported bya clamp??? Bonvo knows his shit listen to him!!!

I know they work, but common sense says they 'could' slip, so bonvo is only right in saying so. I plan to run something like this and now will put a very small bead of weld below the clamp when in it's final position. Makes sense and can be ground down to change it.

OpelWagenGT

I tried machine shops, plumbing outlet and auto parts and could not fine these type of tube clamp. These are exactly what I want. Where did you find them???

M2C-S_170.jpg

I have 300# springs, which is considered harsh... With a KA, which is fairly heavy. My collars havent slipped ONCE on my old powdercoated struts, and haven't slipped ONCE on my spray painted struts. No movement, and the car is daily driven... hard. Potholes included.

If you're feeling sketchy about it, just toss some welds right below the clamp and done deal.

skib has these on his goon. im thinkin about getting a set.

yup, hit up Eric (datto510) hes the one that stuck em on there, he can tell you where he found em

lol Iv hit bumps hard enough to knock my throttle linkage apart and Iv never had them slip

The whole 2000 lb isn't on one corner of the car.

split that up thats 500lbs on that corner i know i wouldnt want 500lbs held up by a clamp im not saying they dont work m just saying a welded bead along the bottom would be cheap insurance as for having it happen to me no btu it has happened to other members of this forum

I know they work, but common sense says they 'could' slip, so bonvo is only right in saying so. I plan to run something like this and now will put a very small bead of weld below the clamp when in it's final position. Makes sense and can be ground down to change it.

OpelWagenGT

I tried machine shops, plumbing outlet and auto parts and could not fine these type of tube clamp. These are exactly what I want. Where did you find them???

M2C-S_170.jpg

The ones I got are steel and i found them on amazon search "shaft collar" on google it took me forever to figure out what they are called

If you want a kit for the back check out http://www.speedwaymotors.com/ProductSummary.aspx?free_text|2/12/2010%205:35:20%20AM=Lowering+blocks&deptId=0 Whole kits for under $40 bucks I've used them and thier Nice Quality :D

thanks for your help it's much appreciated I will check both of these as autozone is close to my house so it might be nice to pick some up if I can.