Back to the 620

DatDoug

After a brief stint with 521's, I decided that I really like the 620's & had to get another 1. I sold my 521's and founf this ugly duckling in Bremerton. She aint purdee but has a lot of potential. The body is extrremely str8 & rust free. The Floorboards r solid & rust free :) It runs & drives great & when I checked the oil I looked to see what head was on it & it is a A87. I thot this to be odd as most L16's came with the 210 head. So I looked @ the block stamp & it is a L18! Must have been a transplant. There are some odd stickers on the valve cover that lead me to beleive it is a Low mileage Japanese crate motor.

I am going to keep it simple & lower it, put some stockers on, stock AM radio, primer oxide red & drive it.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z229/DatDoug/1228091438.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z229/DatDoug/Rides/1228091438c.jpg

Heres pics of the stickers on the valve cover.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z229/DatDoug/VCSticker.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z229/DatDoug/1230091914.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have been working my ass off on the 620. Pulled the seat out & scrubbed the floor boards. Then coated them with under coating. Put in a nicer bench seat I had & a floor mat. Put in stock tach & AM radio with single speaker. Looks cool but AM radio really SUCKS! Put on some doors i have been saving from another parts truck. Pulled the 200 lb rear bumper off & the dinky mud flaps. Lowered it about 8 inches in the rear with 3" blocks & pulling the overload spring and middle spring. Put stockers on.

I have a ton more work to do but @ least its starting to look like the Ratsun I have been wanting for a while.

Next is to put in the longshaft 5 speed I got out of a parts truck & some 79 mudflaps. Then get to the body work & paint.

Here is a couple of pics of the outside. Should have more of the interior later. The first 1 is with the chromes & the old door.

0128001254.jpg

0129001210.jpg

I have been working my ass off on the 620. Pulled the seat out & scrubbed the floor boards. Then coated them with under coating. Put in a nicer bench seat I had & a floor mat. Put in stock tach & AM radio with single speaker. Looks cool but AM radio really SUCKS! Put on some doors i have been saving from another parts truck. Pulled the 200 lb rear bumper off & the dinky mud flaps. Lowered it about 8 inches in the rear with 3" blocks & pulling the overload spring and middle spring. Put stockers on.

I have a ton more work to do but @ least its starting to look like the Ratsun I have been wanting for a while.

Next is to put in the longshaft 5 speed I got out of a parts truck & some 79 mudflaps. Then get to the body work & paint.

Here is a couple of pics of the outside. Should have more of the interior later. The first 1 is with the chromes & the old door.

he tells you here

nice looking truck, so the a87 wasnt common? I have one on my l16 block that i took outta my 73. Not sure on the chamber as i havnt taken the head off. was trying to sell the motor complete with 4speed for 200...:/

anyways back on topic, keep the pictures and updates coming :D

Here are some more pics of the work ive done on the Fuglee Ratsun.

The freshly scrubbed floorboards.

downsized_0119001601.jpg

Freshly coated floorboards

0120002317.jpg

AM Radio! WooHoo!

0201001001a.jpg

My stock Tach :)

0201001001.jpg

Nothin fancy here just tryin to clean it up a lil.

downsized_0201001003.jpg

Gas door been on 3 or 4 of my trucks. LOL

0201001003a.jpg

looking good doug. amazing how good our floors look with a good cleaning and some black paint/bed liner

Yes it does make a difference! Of course you have to tear out the whole interior :lol: The whole seat, floor mat, kick panels, & seat belts.