Camber problems

Skib

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm not sure who looks older, you or the car! :D Just kidding! I do LOVE the camo pants though. With the rust on the Datsun, this has to be the absolute best Canadian picture I know of! Lol! If only you would have had some Molson Ice on the roof!

But then, I can't talk. I sold my shotgun in the picture to afford the T3 camber plates and needle bearings. :) I still have another shotgun, a .22, and the .380, so I figured what the hell. The car is more important.

redneck1.jpg

I'm running something like 2.5 degrees of camber in Lisas car and it get driven all over and the tire are barely showing any inside wear at all I would say like everyone else its a toe issue... when I first lowered my goon I drove it to work and then to the alignment shop straight after I got off, ruined a set of tires in 80 miles (they had around 50% tread left when I left for work) got it on the rack to see where we were at and it had almost 3/4" toe out total I learned from my mistake and it was expensive...

yeah almost gaurantee its a toe issue u have to force camber on the front of a 510! (unfortunately, i wish itd canber like that back does!) i went with adjustable lower control arms 2 get my 2.5 degrees of camber, they were cheaper! lol sounds funny but its cuz they were made by go ez customs! (dads shop) we have a jig set up for it if anyone is intrested =D

I would put money on it being a toe issue also. When i slammed my truck that thing went all over, especially in ruts, water, or if the road was at a degree. Burned off a set of tires in less than 2 weeks. Took my truck in, the toe was off over an inch. Fixed it right up for only 25 dollars

If it is not a toe issue, which I'm guessing it is, the only other problem is that you are not driving hard enough. Like Clayton I to run 2.5-3 degrees of front camber on my car and I have no tire wear issues.

There's a guy in Clackamas that still sells the offset control arm bushings. Check out billsdatsun.com. I think they give around 1.5 degrees of adjustment, which isn't much, but should be enough if it's been lowered just a little.

Yeah, and as was stated before.. PICS! :fu:

If it is not a toe issue, which I'm guessing it is,

thats what Im looking at too

the only other problem is that you are not driving hard enough.

lol thats deff not the problem

There's a guy in Clackamas that still sells the offset control arm bushings. Check out billsdatsun.com.

I know Bills Datsun and wouldnt touch that shop door with a 10 ft pole :rolleyes:

I know Bills Datsun and wouldnt touch that shop door with a 10 ft pole :rolleyes:

I've never had any dealings with them. I just remember Klotz saying something about those eccentric bushings that they carry. I trust Mike, so I'll check them out before I decide not to do business with em.