Back from the Dead

Well I have not posted in a while life has been pretty hectic. I decided i am going to put my 77 KC back to Daily driver status, before it was going to get bagged and completely redone. Alas i do not have the time or feasible money to do that. Plus after the debacle that came of the truck club i was in i have not been to motivated to work on my truck.

Now with my new job i need something more reliable so I am possibly buying a Audi S4, but until then I am going to drive my truck. I am debating selling my 510s but have not decided if I am or not.

here is the old thread with the original plans and some progress. Old Thread

Over the last couple of weeks i finally have my small C-notch in the frame and the motor is basically back together. I will try to get some updated pics soon.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have not posted in a while life has been pretty hectic. I decided i am going to put my 77 KC back to Daily driver status, before it was going to get bagged and completely redone. Alas i do not have the time or feasible money to do that. Plus after the debacle that came of the truck club i was in i have not been to motivated to work on my truck.

Now with my new job i need something more reliable so I am possibly buying a Audi S4, but until then I am going to drive my truck. I am debating selling my 510s but have not decided if I am or not.

here is the old thread with the original plans and some progress. Old Thread

Over the last couple of weeks i finally have my small C-notch in the frame and the motor is basically back together. I will try to get some updated pics soon.

How did you manage to get RELIABLE and AUDI in the same sentence. :rofl: Make sure you buy a good pair of walking shoes to keep in the car. :fu:

• 2 weeks later...

okay so i have not been able to update but i will post pics hopefully tonight and a video. i got the C-Notch done, toyota overload spring in, polished intake manifold, new 32/36 Empi, painted exhaust mani, and Powdercoated valve cover. Got it running and drove it home last night. now all i need is exhaust (just have a a short straight pipe on it right now, try to find my tailight wiring or build a new tail light harness. and i can drive it and do the other small stuff as i go.

• 3 weeks later...

Gas Tank Brackets sand blasted and painted and bed on.

FriFeb05123709AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

FriFeb05123703AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

L20B Before

FriFeb05123808AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

After with Polished L16 Intake Painted L16 Exhaust and 32/36 Empi

FriFeb05123720AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

New BLING Sand Blasted and Powder Coated

FriFeb05123725AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

Motor Basically done

FriFeb05123647AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

Truck all Together besides exhaust

FriFeb05123656AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

In Front of Exhaust shop running and driving.

FriFeb05123643AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

FriFeb05123639AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

Then I decided i should have front blinkers and running lights but i want to shave my valance. So i came up with this.

FriFeb05123634AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

$25 LED Side marker lights from Auto Zone. Connected to a relay with a Diode wired into stock Blinker wiring. Then stuck to core support behind Grille.

Then I decided i should have front blinkers and running lights but i want to shave my valance. So i came up with this.

FriFeb05123634AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

$25 LED Side marker lights from Auto Zone. Connected to a relay with a Diode wired into stock Blinker wiring. Then stuck to core support behind Grille.

dude wiring diagram please!!!! this is exactly waht i want to do with the 610 for turnsignals

Dude the truck looks awesome! I've always liked that rig!

P.S. Don't sell your dimes!

yes sell your 510s

Main reason i might sell my Dimes is, I am not doing them justice. I have neither the time or money to complete them the way i want and i am sure someone else will appreciate them, and do them justice. I really do not want to get rid of them but i have to be "Logical". I am kinda tired of daily driving my projects, it really Hinders what you can get done at one time and reliability. This is not one of the "baby forces sell" excuse everyone uses. This is simply me not being able to complete them and not wanting them to Waste away.

• 4 weeks later...

Well my 510's are gone... But i also have got some work done on my truck. Got my solid glass rear window and spare baby windows tinted. i also put in my stereo, i am pretty impressed with my 2 MTX 10" in a box that i got for $150. i will post pics later.

Thats exactly whay I had in my 78 std cab back in 1990. Got them from mobile music there in P.A.

Larry

thats funny... I know the manager and installer there but i actually bought these subs off a friend for cheap. all though they did help me with some wires. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...