• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now that we have switched forum software we now have a reputation score, mine was 10 yesterday now it is 9??? wtf??? i see some people are 11 and some are up to 16!!! nobody so far have i seen below 10 besides me, how and what is the scoring criteria for reputation?? update, it is now down to 8 and probably 7 since i am posting this, i vote we get rid of reputation, totally lame, it gives our forum a nasty social class

ok i figured it out, its that gay little plus sign, wtf you can adjust your own reputation?????

well, mine is down to 6 and my ex is 0. its where u post and ppl vote on it. i finally figured it out.

• Like 2

well, mine is down to 6 and my ex is 0. its where u post and ppl vote on it. i finally figured it out.

the number you see on your profile isnt a reflection of post votes (as seen in the bottom right of this post) thats for sorting out useless posts if you choose to filter them. its the reflection of the rating people have clicked in the top right of your profile page (the 5 stars)

the number you see on your profile isnt a reflection of post votes (as seen in the bottom right of this post) thats for sorting out useless posts if you choose to filter them. its the reflection of the rating people have clicked in the top right of your profile page (the 5 stars)

oh ok. cool. thanks for the info.

• Like 2

read the thread man, if posts get rated down you can filter them. so if you're going through a project build 150 pages now becomes a lot easier to read if you filter down the nonsense. or if you're in a thread that turned into a flame fest and posts were rated down you can filter out the BS. disabling sigs, avatars, filter low rated posts. The site becomes infinitely easier to navigate and read.

Okay, I'm going to be dense here. How is it any easier unless you look at the bottom right hand corner of the post before or after you've read it? Isn't it like judging a book by it's cover? And if you take the time to read the post and find it's a crap post, then you've already wasted the time reading it, so clicking the minus, or rating it doesn't really do anything? Or is there some new feature I'm not aware of? I mean, even if 800 users clicked a negative on my particular post, it's not like it goes away, right?

The reputation is actually the sum of all post votes. ;)

Okay, I'm going to be dense here. How is it any easier unless you look at the bottom right hand corner of the post before or after you've read it? Isn't it like judging a book by it's cover? And if you take the time to read the post and find it's a crap post, then you've already wasted the time reading it, so clicking the minus, or rating it doesn't really do anything? Or is there some new feature I'm not aware of? I mean, even if 800 users clicked a negative on my particular post, it's not like it goes away, right?

If people read a post and decide it's off-topic or whatever, they can vote it down. It will still show for everybody who hasn't explicitly set it not to show. You can, however, decide that if a post has -10 votes, you don't want to read it. With this setting, you can still read the post, it'll just be hidden with a link to unfurl it. I posted an image on the first page of this thread which shows how to do that.

• Like 1

LOL! That's gross, Mike! Damn. :sick:

well im a negative 7 yaaaaahhhhh!!!!! can anybody give me the award for lowest rep??? i guess everybody hates me lmao!!! oh well fuck it, atleast im good at losing points i guess ill stick with it and see how low i can go!!!!!

• Like 1