So now that we have switched forum software we now have a reputation score, mine was 10 yesterday now it is 9??? wtf??? i see some people are 11 and some are up to 16!!! nobody so far have i seen below 10 besides me, how and what is the scoring criteria for reputation?? update, it is now down to 8 and probably 7 since i am posting this, i vote we get rid of reputation, totally lame, it gives our forum a nasty social class

ok i figured it out, its that gay little plus sign, wtf you can adjust your own reputation?????

• Like 8
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its a good thing, it could help cull the swell of "OMG I JUST SAW A PONY" threads, and gives an easier way to say "plus 1" or smiley face instead of posting in the thread just for the sake of hearing yourself type. also I believe there are now ways we can ignore people with too low of a reputation.(like on digg) Which is great! if I could go in a thread and have all the "lolwut" and "ur a fag" comments filtered out I would be stoked. I think it was a nice addition and thank the ratsun team for bringing us up to date with a nice modern piece of forum software. Ill gladly send you guys a donation to help out with the new years hosting costs.

• Like 4

now that i see how it works i think i like it, as long as you post relevant info someone might rep you up, if you post bs off topic crap you will get repped down, this would save some of us the trouble of reading pointless posts, good feature, now lets see if we use it to its full potential

• Like 1

it wont prevent posts, but there is a addon on that will add a setting to the users CP to "Hide low rated posts" so if some one just posted a picture of a cat with a wizard hat that said "This thread r fail" and were rated down to -X it would hide it from the view of the users who dont want to see it. I would love to see it implemented.

• Like 1

it wont prevent posts, but there is a addon on that will add a setting to the users CP to "Hide low rated posts" so if some one just posted a picture of a cat with a wizard hat that said "This thread r fail" and were rated down to -X it would hide it from the view of the users who dont want to see it. I would love to see it implemented.

Yeah, they touted this in their blog, but I can't seem to find a setting for it. I'd like to enable it too. By the way, it also "highlights" posts with a lot of positive reputation. I'm not really sure what that means per se, but I did see that setting.

• Like 1

Thomas I'm pretty sure it on the admin side or it's a addon. Any how glad to know your on it and that it's getting put in place.

I found it. It turns out it was already on. When you have a thread open, there's a viewing option at the bottom. There's something similar in the forums too, so you can decide how you want to view the content.

threshold.jpg

Thomas I'm pretty sure it on the admin side or it's a addon. Any how glad to know your on it and that it's getting put in place.

I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation! Never said I wanted to improve my station! :P

• Like 3

I found it. It turns out it was already on. When you have a thread open, there's a viewing option at the bottom. There's something similar in the forums too, so you can decide how you want to view the content.

Oh awesome! Thanks again for the update can't wait till it starts getting used by more members.

• Like 1

What's the little counter on the bottom right of the post? If I go into the user control panel it says my reputation is 8, but it looks like that's also rep on the bottom? Except it says -2? WTF? I don't get it. Why on earth do we even have that function on there? I'm going to try Ichorid's plus and minus buttons to see if they work, don't take it personally!

EDIT: Okay, it does work, hit the little plus sign and now it says 1 and I'm not allowed to click that post anymore. Seriously, what's the function of this? So you can micromanage/shame per each post? Fucking retarded. And who gave me two minus for the Joan Jett link? BUNCHA HORSESHIT! :D

What's the little counter on the bottom right of the post? If I go into the user control panel it says my reputation is 8, but it looks like that's also rep on the bottom? Except it says -2? WTF? I don't get it. Why on earth do we even have that function on there? I'm going to try Ichorid's plus and minus buttons to see if they work, don't take it personally!

I believe thats a rating for that particular post

I believe thats a rating for that particular post

Yeah, I figured that out, but check the edit, what's the point, yo? That's what I'm getting at. I think we should remove that feature, if it's possible?

Yeah, I figured that out, but check the edit, what's the point, yo? That's what I'm getting at. I think we should remove that feature, if it's possible?

read the thread man, if posts get rated down you can filter them. so if you're going through a project build 150 pages now becomes a lot easier to read if you filter down the nonsense. or if you're in a thread that turned into a flame fest and posts were rated down you can filter out the BS. disabling sigs, avatars, filter low rated posts. The site becomes infinitely easier to navigate and read.