Garage Get!

BlakeZula

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if anyone remembers. the hose to my heater core started leaking, so i bypassed it. i got the hose nd hooked everything up but i need a few clamps. so il probably do that first... even though itl take like 5 minutes. after that... i was thinkin lower the front end an inch or two. probably try to mount those headboard lights on the back for box lights. il try to shop up a rouc pic here ina sec to show you

Want to post it one more time for good measure?

Im sorry that's funny shit :frantics: :rofl:

Blakezula your gonna want to grab yourself a welder to practice for the resto , and have it errr with some scrap metal !!! Just clean off the areas you plan to weld throughly when using a mig/tig welder, degrease, grind , weld , knock off slag , clean , and weld again. Of course this will be much stronger and easier with a gas set-up ( a bit of $$$ ) Arc Welders ( which I have learned on first ) are a bit harder to learn , MIG is plug and play ! Just make sure if it is 110 volt use the shortest , heaver gauge electrical extension cord to maximize the power , and not screw up your welder ( shorter the better ) 220 volt is the way to go though , and you can save up for a nice MIG welder that can do it all ( 220 volt , possible gas hook-up and a wide range of heat selection/wire speed ) or just go to harbor flake ( harborfreight ) and get their 90amp plug and play gas-less wire 110 volt mig welder for around $100 ! Arc welders like mine are made for industrial stuff , and torching through car frames like butta ( at least mine is :rofl: ) Of course there are better used welders on craigslist !

Good Luck ! you'll need it :frantics: ( by the way , save yourself some time in the garage and start hucking stuff , that's the only way mine is getting clean :sick: )

resto? whats that mean?i wanna keep her the way she is... but i did get new welder for 50 bucks its a cambell hausfield 115 V stick welder.. ive ben welding exhaust with it for a while it works pretty good for what i need.

and where did the junk come form you ask?

here sthe short story

i bought this house from my friend who has lived here for a while and everytime he SHOULD HAVE thrown junk awa he threw it in the garage. so yeah im stuck with all this shit its gotten alot better

You are Making Progress. Hey why don't you and Radio Redline get together and see if the mods will start a Garage Topic and move your threads to it.

When I saw this thread I thought you were mocking Radio Redline, the title of this post led me to think this. Know that I have read this thread I relize this is a real thread about your garage.

I apologize for nominating you for the title of "Downshifter III".

You are Making Progress. Hey why don't you and Radio Redline get together and see if the mods will start a Garage Topic and move your threads to it.

When I saw this thread I thought you were mocking Radio Redline, the title of this post led me to think this. Know that I have read this thread I relize this is a real thread about your garage.

I apologize for nominating you for the title of "Downshifter III".

meh.. whatever..its cool.. and i think a Garage Topic would be pretty neat. i like to see where everyone works..

resto? whats that mean?i wanna keep her the way she is... but i did get new welder for 50 bucks its a cambell hausfield 115 V stick welder.. ive ben welding exhaust with it for a while it works pretty good for what i need.

and where did the junk come form you ask?

here sthe short story

i bought this house from my friend who has lived here for a while and everytime he SHOULD HAVE thrown junk awa he threw it in the garage. so yeah im stuck with all this shit its gotten alot better

Ok , good deal ! nnnnnaaaahhhhh I just thought you were kind of in the same position as I , shelve it/huck it/ or sell it ? ( I finally got to that point where I needed to do one of the 3 options )

Yeah , If you can do it with an arc welder that is cool ! ( I have a very hard time doing my sheetmetal work without my MIG , I use ARC for everything else like axles , frames , angle iron , etc... ) ,

Can you build some rafters above the Garage door ( for not too heavy stuff ) or if their are rafters , lay some sheets of 1/2" plywood and stick it up there ? ( I am not sure about the clearance ) Are you planning on a shelving system ?

Can you build some rafters above the Garage door ( for not too heavy stuff ) or if their are rafters , lay some sheets of 1/2" plywood and stick it up there ? ( I am not sure about the clearance ) Are you planning on a shelving system ?

HOLY SHIT... i havent thought about this...i doo have rafters... i never thought of putting plywood and storing everything up there.... DUDE your a lifesaver

Do not put heavy things up there. Those are top bearing trusses so be carefull how much wait you put up there. Remember what goes up must come down.

Agreed 100% , Thanks for saying that Charlie69 , I thought I had mentioned that , but apparently I dropped the ball on that :blink: :lol:

Blake , buy your buddy some lunch and you'll rip right through it ! :D Also in my area there are re-bulding centers where you can get wood cheap , look for these or free ply wood by chance ? ( keep the cost down as we all want :D ) I guess craigslist is another good place to get free wood ( just the quality issue ? hhhhmmmmmm )

Later !

hook that anvil up under the back of your truck were the spare tire goes weld it to a chain and hook the chain to your truck, be like a bad ass rat pirate anchor. :lol:

this is the greatest thing i have ever heard on this forum ever.... this is goin in my sig... and going on my truck... il post pics when i get started on it.

:o doooooooo it :pirate: arrgggg

i am seriously gonna do this... but im thinking mounting the end of the chain in the box somwhere.. for all to see. everytime i park it i shall throw the anvil in someones yard... then steal all there stuff and shoot there honda with a cannon.... oh snap... where can i get a cannon?

im now building a "pirate ship Datsun"

i need a cannon, an anchor, a parrot. and a dream.