East Coast Snow Storm

We are getting hammered with an early winter Blizzard. Here in the Washington, DC area It started late last night and it is supposed to keep going until midnight.

When I got up this morning, I took a picture of my 4 door 510 at around 7am..

Snowbird_7am.jpg

I took the same picture again around 2pm.

Snow2.jpg

I call it Snowbird. LOL!

We have about 16" so far and it is still coming down hard. Here is a picture of my deck in the back yard. The snow on the deck is almost up to the bottom of the bench. The bottom edge of the bench is about 18" from the deck.

Deck.jpg

I bet we will get close to 2 feet before it is over.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 feet, that's it? Damnit, I want a snowstorm!!! Our 4 inches got rained off all this last week and now it's drizzle raining at 40 degrees. Bunch of horseshit! Last year we got 4' overnight, missing that, even if I do have to shovel the garage and house roof at that point.

Good weather we're having huh? Hopefully I'll be able to get the car out tomorrow seeing as I have to go to work in the morning. I ended up parking around around the block from my house after a short drive because I could barely make it into the development. There was no way I was getting back to the house. I actually had to go grab the snow shovel just to plow a small space for me to park on the curb.

We're waiting for it up here in New England. THough I think we will only see 4-6" of it. Heh I think the '59 is crying because it came from the desert and isn't used to this cold! But it is an a garage, (though not heated), so it can't complain too much!

that stupid snowstorm made my day hell.

theres a call center for verizon in maryland that was closed today cuz of that stupid crap. the center i work at had like 40 calls in queue for half the damn day. fuckng verizon only has 4 call centers open on the weekend for the whole company... and then they close one. as is my weekend shift isnt busy enough.

anyways, looks like some fun and then not fun at the same time.

Here's what it looks like in Spokane right now. After the 4" of snow dropped, it's rained for about the last week. The ground was frozen due to the two weeks before of single digit temps. So now it's completely saturated, and the slightest step on anything other than pavement goes down about an inch.

I had to put it in 4 wheel to back out of my driveway. Basically to save what little lawn I have left and avoid putting even bigger ruts in my dirt driveway. Didn't get around to graveling the whole thing this year. Really wish I would have. If it keeps up I'll be staging mud racing events. :D

frontyard.jpg