whats up with the site.... Oh, just chillin'.

Yah, same problem, 'cept having an electric meant that I couldn't rev to cool! I'd get to 200F in traffic and start worrying. The double 10's should solve the problem though along with the new rad. Those 2 only draw 7 amps each too.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet the radiator helps a ton. Even with a 185 thermostat I had/have to block half the radiator with cardboard in the winters here, or she just plain overcools, without a fan shroud using the stock L16 fan. Too bad you had to use the VW radiator. I refuse to have any VW parts on my 510, including washers, clips, bolts, whatever. If it came from something German, it's not going on Eleanor!!! :)

Well, it worked well with the Z22e in there, the water inlet and outlet are both on the passenger side of the engine on that motor and both the inlet and outlet of the Rabbit rad match up to the engine. Besides it was cheap, $72 brand new!

How'd you find it that cheap? Oh wait, Canada, that explains it. The cheapest Rabbit radiator I could find in the states was 140, whereas the Focus radiator was only 80. Plus the Rabbit radiators weren't in abundant supply.

I have a giant griffin alum. radiator for my L18..... I want to run "puller" electric fans..... with a custom shroud

I have already modified a clutch fan water pump.............so I now have clearance for the "puller" fans

It's a tight fit, but I am looking for two 10" slim fans.......... ideally thinner than 2.5"

Two men were walking through the desert. An airplane carrying car parts was flying over the desert at the same time. The plane was taking strain and needed to lose some wieght fast and began to throw out car parts into the desert. Parts began to fall around the men and one said, 'run it's raining datsun cogs'.

Photo-0049.jpg

Photo-0050-1.jpg

Photo-0051-2.jpg

Photo-0052-1.jpg

Photo-0053-2.jpg

Photo-0054-2.jpg

Photo-0055-2.jpg

Photo-0056-2.jpg

Photo-0057-1.jpg

Photo-0058-1.jpg

Photo-0059.jpg

Photo-0060-2.jpg

Photo-0061.jpg

Photo-0062-1.jpg

Photo-0063-1.jpg

me an carlos workin on the sr20 in my kitchen.. heh shitty cell phone pics tho :(

an im not in em cause i was the one takin em..

we got it all the way down to a short block.. the engine had a weird rattle before i spun a bearing, turns out the top timing chain guide had snapped.. how it snapped i dont know because theres no actual tension on it.. the tensioner must be bad cause i it did kinda "sing" at high Rpms.. maybe the freqency had something to do with it? idk..

number #2 rod bearing was the culprit.. im going to throw new main an rod bearings in an new cams and a gasket set an stuff this biotch in my gf's g20 :) i've already got a set of really clean cams ready to go in, all she will need is a clutch..