ID Help W/Carb-Mani

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Electric choke, accelerator pump. Has the swirl inducing butterflies like the KA24E and DE.

I would say a carb manifold for a KA24DE. Even has the DE manifold bolt pattern . Or close to it.

Where in the world would they have a non EFI KA24DE????

What I'm trying to say Doug is it's from a dual cam head.

Then it's a KA24DS as I think it's from a DOHC.

unknown005.jpg

The intake on the left is from the KA24DE and is I think, a match.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/L%20Z%20Heads%20and%20Motors/motorKA24DEg.jpg[/img]"]motorKA24DEg.jpg

No, I meant KA20, as in a 2.0L KA. South Aftrica had KA20DE, but it's possible there's a non-EFI version. Dual or single I can't say. I know Africa had carbbed VG30s.

What it is NOT is a NAPS-Z intake. They look nothing like that-

Z24-3.JPG

(Z24 ones will be square but have the same pattern)

Nor is it a diesel as you don't have carbs on diesels and diesels can't use standard PCV valves.

It's probably something completely different. Definately post-1980, and it's a feedback carb judging by the wires so probably post 1984.

What I don't have is a good sense of scale. That carb looks really small- like something sub-2L, perhaps a GA16 or E16S. Or a Nissan Micra (MA12A). But the MA12 doesn't have that coolant passage on the side of the end runner.

Hopefully I dont sound like too much of an idiot, but what is with the valves in the intake if it already has a carb???:confused:

The butterfly valves are operated by manifold vacuum and are closed at idle and light throttle. The dual valves and huge ports cause the air/fuel to slow down too much on light throttle, so their purpose is to speed the air up around the injector and create turbulence to better mix the fuel and air before it enters the cylinder. As throttle increases, vacuum drops and the butterfly valves open.

Only an idiot wouldn't ask a question.

Edited by datzenmike