newbie here showing my 280z

blkcat

Well hello there everyone new here been checking this site for a while and finally decided to put my project on here. I saw the Z on craigslist and bought it after about a month that i saw it(love that craigslist). The idea is to fix it up all myself so won't be perfect as i'm going to learn with it but i'll be proud of it. Here are some pics of when i got it.

S4021391.jpg

S4021392.jpg

Scored the bumper at the junkyard cheap needed a bit of work but fixed it and is painted black no pics yet.

S4021394.jpg

I knew the car was in an accident but after i got into i was more then i tought it was.:eek:

S4021402.jpg

But i manage to fix it was hard but did it. Some pics of how its now.

101_0058.jpg

101_0059.jpg

101_0060.jpg

101_0061.jpg

I also lowered the driver seat as i am a tall guy and you know how tight it can get in this Z.

101_0063.jpg

101_0062.jpg

Before pic of seat.

S4021399.jpg

Well let me know what you think and ideas.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so bonvo sound like you've had some experience with this. Those the ride change alot once you cut them. I was thinking of getting some at the junk yard trying those just in case I screw it up. Is it worth the hassel? Don't know if you saw the thread about a guy who used Honda accord spring on his supposely they work was going to check that out to. If I could get my hand on some cheap lowering springs. You Honda parts are much cheaper.

Those the ride change alot once you cut them.

cuz springs will be a harsher ride but you car will be lower.

even when you go to proper springs, coil overs, ect. the lower and stiffer your springs the harsher the ride, you will always trade comfort for performance.

Don't know if you saw the thread about a guy who used Honda accord spring on his supposely they work was going to check that out to. If I could get my hand on some cheap lowering springs. You Honda parts are much cheaper.

If your talking about the silver flared Z that car is all looks, ignore anything about that car for functionality.

I know the ride won't be as stock but just was wondering if it was going to be really bad if I cut them compared to real lowering spring. Well we'll see what happens but what ever I do i'll let you guy know(will have pics for sure we all like pics).

The way I lowered the seat were by cutting off from where it bolts on not on the seat but on the car itself. Took it down almost 2 inches can't go lower back of seat hit the buttom. Had to weld bolts for the back to bolt down the seat. Welded the orginal plates on front. Seat still move front and back. Don't hit the roof if I seat straight.

If your talking about the silver flared Z that car is all looks, ignore anything about that car for functionality.

No I don't think it's the retarded Z. That car uses Hawn-duh coilovers. I think someone actually found that just straight up performance replacement coils (as in going in the same honda spring perch as stock) for an accord (years?) will work in a z, and they can be stiffer as well. The only caveat is you get to cut yours to the right length as you'd have an offroad Z.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey hows it go'n have'nt done much to the car been raining and really cool. I did cut one of the springs and i did get the desired height but i did notice that my springs are different. so if u guys can help me out took some pics. I had notice that one side of the back is lower then the other same with the front.

This is the front that is lower.

100_0087.jpg

This is the back that is lower.

100_0081.jpg

This is the other back the other front one looks the same.

100_0083.jpg

cut them springs but whatever you do dont go more then 2 coils max or you will regret it when you drive it and have to stop every 10 inutes to take a piss :P

Geeeeeee bonvo ,I thought I had a small bladder , and really didn't think about that in my lowered 240z :P:confused::lol::fu:

why even bother getting out , they sell adult diapers now :lol: and the rats take a shit all over the inside in my car so why can't I shit in my car ? It's my car ! :lol: :fu:

• 2 weeks later...

You can turbocharge your stock engine. You will need almost every bolt-on component from a factory L28 turbo to do it. The cost will equal or exceed what you usually pay for a complete L28 turbo...

and in the end you will have an engine with less potential than the factory L28 turbo.

If you find many of the parts for free then that's a different story. Still... what are you looking to do with this engine? Just a little more power for driving around the streets with maybe 200-225 crank hp?