newbie here showing my 280z

blkcat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thanks for all the info. I ask about the turbo because i want to put a turbo engine in the future but i basically need to start saving from rite now to buy an engine and thats if i find it. Like i said in my first post this is go'n to be a budget project. Just wanted to know if there was another alternative for this. The idea is to get more power but not for the car to become a beast just enough. For now i'm just go'n to search around to figure how to get more power until i can find a l28et(well more like have the money). Well thanks again for all the info

Well thanks for all the info. I ask about the turbo because i want to put a turbo engine in the future but i basically need to start saving from rite now to buy an engine and thats if i find it. Like i said in my first post this is go'n to be a budget project. Just wanted to know if there was another alternative for this. The idea is to get more power but not for the car to become a beast just enough. For now i'm just go'n to search around to figure how to get more power until i can find a l28et(well more like have the money). Well thanks again for all the info

an L28et swap can be done on a budget, I did the complete swap and completely rebuilt the motor with FMIC, full 2.5in exhaust, 280z gas tank, new hard lines, new higher output fuel pump, ect, for about 2k

it can be done for less if you just to the essentials

Well Thats not too bad thought it would be more. If i just take my time and search around can probably do it for less. Man i wish i had that kind of money rite know to be able to drop a turbo engine in my Z. Hey dreaming is always free :D

yes

yes, its usually easier to find one and get everything you need.

I am running an 83 turbo motor ordered from Japan new. My buddy heavyfoot found a used one and rebuilt it. You will be much happier with the turbo motor for sure.

an L28et swap can be done on a budget, I did the complete swap and completely rebuilt the motor with FMIC, full 2.5in exhaust, 280z gas tank, new hard lines, new higher output fuel pump, ect, for about 2k

Then you can put the engine up for sale asking $4.5k :D

Luckily my P.O.  put in flat top piston P79 head in my car and had an extra 2mm HG so I'm just turbocharging my motor and doing 4" exhaust and Megasquirt, not expecting to pay more than $1500 realistically. 

Gotta do things on my unemployed HS budget ;)