i got the need

bonvo

i got the need for lsd and no not the drug i was just at 7 11 and the guy working there liked the car and as i left came out to hear me pull away so i gave it a little extra gas and broke it loose which was fun but one legging it blows donkey dick so i made this thread to discuss lsd units i know what works already but i figured maybe a little more into detail about other things that people have tried besides the subi lsd

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the need for lsd and no not the drug i was just at 7 11 and the guy working there liked the car and as i left came out to hear me pull away so i gave it a little extra gas and broke it loose which was fun but one legging it blows donkey dick so i made this thread to discuss lsd units i know what works already but i figured maybe a little more into detail about other things that people have tried besides the subi lsd

Besides the subi LSD?? I don't know, brother. The R160 LSD is the dead horse that has been beaten over and over. I am still on the hunt - the only debate is 3.70 or 3.90. I look to every Subaru Legacy wagon and that sports car looking one for LSD. Found it once, didn't have money - had money went back and it was gone. Right now, whatever I find is the one going in.

Besides the subi LSD?? I don't know, brother. The R160 LSD is the dead horse that has been beaten over and over. I am still on the hunt - the only debate is 3.70 or 3.90. I look to every Subaru Legacy wagon and that sports car looking one for LSD. Found it once, didn't have money - had money went back and it was gone. Right now, whatever I find is the one going in.
No matter, you can always swap gearsets.

Ya the whole R160/180/200/230 has been beat to death. There are like 20+ options though, thats always a plus.

I'm welding my 3.7 r180 until I feel like making my 3.9 r180 sti helical work for me.

its just the stock r160 with i beleve 3.90 gears in it i have a spair unit im considering welding untill i can find a real lsd unit

Heres a quick way to check on your coupe. If the smog cert sticker on the firewall is intact, look in the bottom corner for AT or MT (this will determine if a swap was performed in its lifetime). The coupes with Auto had 3.90s, the Manual had 3.70s. My sedan had 3.90s, but I swapped them out because I had the great idea to put in 3.36s (too steep for L20B with Auto :eek:) for a proposed motor swap years ago. Going for stock, and putting in 3.70s for now until I find the Holy Grail LSD.

Heres a quick way to check on your coupe. If the smog cert sticker on the firewall is intact, look in the bottom corner for AT or MT (this will determine if a swap was performed in its lifetime). The coupes with Auto had 3.90s, the Manual had 3.70s. My sedan had 3.90s, but I swapped them out because I had the great idea to put in 3.36s (too steep for L20B with Auto :eek:) for a proposed motor swap years ago. Going for stock, and putting in 3.70s for now until I find the Holy Grail LSD.

yeah im sure the spair i have is the 3.90 it came out of the new car i swapped entire subfames and im usng the stuff that was in the yellow car which i changed the diff about 3 years ago i think the one i put in was a 3.90 thats what troy said he though it was when i bought it from him but im not sure

I have a 4.11 ring and pinion from a later subi car going in to my 3.7 subi diff before too long.

Another thing to consider: With the small tire size on 510s, a small increase in gear ratio make a huge difference.

I lost a crapton of low end and pulling power as I'm running the 3.7 stock clutch lsd right now. Down from the original 3.90 ratio. The 3.90s I could scratch 2nd gear for about a half second. The 3.70s, not so much.

But seeing as I'm going for power, the 4.11s ought to be fantastic.

Oh, the other thing is mileage. The 3.70s do get me great mileage. The 3.90s weren't as good, and I'm sure once I have the 4.11s in it's going to suck more than usual. Hopefully the EFI conversion will help that though.

Yeah, I may eventually pick one of those upto try, but I actually want the high rpms since she's eventually going to be a full fledged rally car, and at that point 5th gear probably won't even matter.