Maui

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is anything to do in maui car wise. beautiful to do outdoor stuff but no real car stuff.

several years ago I went to oahu to help a guy install a turbo kit on his integra and went to the drag strip out there. real nice but hot out there to drag race. go check out the shops as some are pretty nice. the honda, old school cars like toyotas and subarus and mitsubishis are big out there as well as trucks. even for a girl to go it would be cool as it is good to see how people live elsewhere. have fun out and there and eat good. food is good out there and fresh.

yes we are in honokawai north of Lahaina. I got my snorkel gear here. It's hotter today than normal for December, 86 degrees. I went out on the beach and fell asleep but the Tsunami siren woke me up before it was too late. I guess it was just a test.

Just got to acclimatize from Seattle rush-hour pace down to island time...

Have a great time Zilla! My wife and I went there summer 08. We stayed in Lahaina for 3 days and a week on the north shore in Oahu. So much fresh fruit and Mahi Mahi I dont think I have ever eaten that well. I would eat fresh mahi every day if I could. I saw a couple dattos in Maui too.

Plans? Don't really have any. Thought I might try the two wrecking yards here just for fun. I waited until he sun was going down a for a swim. That way it's not so hot.

Maybe go to the Honolua General Store for a plate lunch with two scoops. Take a photos of any Datsuns I spot.

If you rent a 4wd I know of a ton of sick wheelin spots on the island. Also a few really nice beaches / areas that are well off the tourist track.

Oh and you should totaly go to Kihei and look up a place called Henr'y bar ask for the bartender Rosie, tell her that her red headed step child sent you. she would trip.