Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so old plan was:

07 Ion Redline (Fun)

05 Pathfinder (Wife)

06 Impreza (Work)

74 620 (Resto)

15 Titan (Tow)

So because decided a better work car and something more reliable for wife was more important, the Titan is obviously not going to happen. Maybe a used one down the road. But for now the pathfinder will be my off road stand in.

New plan

07 Ion Redline (Fun)

15 Grand Caravan (Wife)

15 Jetta Diesel (Work)

74 620 (Resto)

05 Pathfinder (off road & some towing)

The pathfinder needs a few things when money recoups! Not stopping it from driving but making it bulletproof.

Having new dailys is taking a lot of pressure off and the idea will be when things settle down after new baby I can actually wrench again on pathfinder and the 620. I liked having multiple datsuns but one to work on will be enough and it was becoming too much.

Just need to sell off the frontier (so done not having space) and Subaru and things will be amazing!! Been starting to re buy some tools that have been abused or lost so that is where my extra cash is going for a bit. No more sharing garage...grrr.

Radio

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Floor is Coated now!! Oics coming. This is why I've been busy:

I am in the middle of deciding to do a factory order of a 
2016 Titan XD Diesel with the S Trim.

The reason is I am on a budget, but want the diesel engine. I am a happy owner diesel convert with my 2015 Jetta TDI.

I have driven the Ecodiesel Ram, Ram 2500 with 6.7 Cummins also.

I narrowed it down by fit and finish and feel. Here is the pricing I received. 

Ecodiesel 3.0L ST 54k
Nissan 5.0L Cummins S 50k
Ram 6.7L Cummins ST 55k

All the Trucks have 4x4, Cloth, Bigger size Crew Cabs.

I will be towing some stuff in future, mostly car trailer, possibly want to rent a camper and go to mountains, and not struggle.

I would have liked to get the 5th wheel hitch, boxliner, trailer brake, class 4 hitch from factory but It will just put payment way out of my budget comfortableness. I talked to my buddy and he said not a problem to install hitch and wiring, and aftermarket brake controller. (I have never used brake controller before mind you)

The other big differences are rubber floor in a S vs carpet in a SV and chrome bumper and grille vs black plastic. Now some more info on why I am leaning S. I really think plastic grille will match the black plastic aftermarket fenders better. I want to get the black fender flares that are coming out, and down the road the metal bumpers that Fab Fours advertised. I want to have some fun with truck off road. Vs pro4x without factory skid plates, and locking diff (and I cannot afford 67k) I figure I will make some new skid plates is my plan. Plus the painted bumpers and skid plate wont be used once I switched to aftermarket metal bumpers.

So I know I can add a boxliner, hitch, trailer brake, fenders, and metal bumpers as time allows. and rather than pay for factory 20s I can use more of the money saved to buy 17" BFGs or other awesome off road tires.

Thoughts fellas?

Radio

• Like 1

wanna come do my shop floor?

other than that i have no advice on bigger trucks, but i would suggest not going ford, buddy of mine has had two in a row and they've been issues. different sorts of issues but constantly issues. sorry i have no advice

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...