Get Garage!

RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have lumps of  Datsun in my yard that i can't tell what they are anymore.

Yeah... I've got 1 or 2 lumps.....can't get 'em removed till April though.......maybe........ :D

P1080004.jpg

......as of last week

Maybe another 2-3ft...?....roll the 'cubes' I guess........who knows

Winter Sucks

Wife took Yukon to Gas station. And then it wouldn't start. It all of a sudden had a nasty backfire. So we towed it to Bro-in-Laws shop. (He is a Chevy Nut) and myself, Bro-in-law, and Father-in-law Changed plugs and checked spark and timing mark, changed the "Cap and Rotor" (you know what I mean) Its a first year Vortec. Still no go. Next night Friend Brett thought it might be gas so we dumped in a shitload of Methyl Hydrate and let it sit. After trying a bunch of different things including disconnecting the starter, we tried turning it over for at least an hour. It almost wanted to go. We were boosting it with my Astra, as battery died after all of this obviously. It has a New Battery and Brand new starter and Alternator. It turns over great, but if you give it gas it backfires. We pulled plugs to see and they had gas on them so know its getting fuel.

I bought a inline sparkplug tester and a New Coil that will be next thing to try. Using Bro-in-laws insistent advise of using all AC Delco, I spent 300$ very quickly trying to figure it out. However the plugs were waay overdue for sure. IT had a rough idle since I bought it. Planned to do a tuneup anyway. I need this thing for towing Project Datsuns not the otherway around!! Friend Brett is thinking intermittent spark? Father in la things maybe timing chain skipped? She is def misfiring for sure.

datyaha8.jpg

datyaha9.jpg

datyaha10.jpg

Radio

So, Friday night. Went out to Garage and dug out my 620. I got it started with Gas in Carb an swapping in a freshly chraged not frozen battery. Dug it out got it running, but it seemed to have no brakes (Which have been done) So I used one of my tows to get it safely to the city. Once it warms up it idles perfect.

ijhs6.jpg

ijhs7.jpg

ijhs8.jpg

Radio

Then Saturday. I shovelled out the Box, and got the ice all melted. Once that was done thawing out and melting and Dominoes Pizza later... late into the night I installed the New Door Seals and POR15'd the floor. Finished touching up the undercoating. Painted the seat brackets. The new Seat belts I got at Princess auto are crap, so I'm going to see what else I can round up.

ijhs12.jpg

ijhs13.jpg

ijhs14.jpg

ijhs15.jpg

ijhs16.jpg

ijhs17.jpgijhs18.jpg

ijhs19.jpg

ijhs20.jpg

Radio