Maybe!?

Jester

YYYYEEEE HHAAAAAAA!!!! I found a '70 521 on craigs list for 650. Did a drive by after work today. Looks pretty sweet. Interior is ALL intact. Recovered seat.:rolleyes:

Needs to have the head gasket replaced, which comes with the truck, passenger front fender, entire grill is missing.

We'll see. Tonight I am going to talk, drive and make sure all the dash lights.

If he'll take 500.00, it will come with me.

Anything else I should keep in mind?

Jester

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YYYYEEEE HHAAAAAAA!!!! I found a '70 521 on craigs list for 650. Did a drive by after work today. Looks pretty sweet. Interior is ALL intact. Recovered seat.:rolleyes:

Needs to have the head gasket replaced, which comes with the truck, passenger front fender, entire grill is missing.

We'll see. Tonight I am going to talk, drive and make sure all the dash lights.

If he'll take 500.00, it will come with me.

Anything else I should keep in mind?

Jester

Anything for $500 that is 1/2 decent is worth picking up.. despite all the nickle nose talk you hear on this website. Man there are a lot to cheapskates around here.. glad I'm not selling a truck to these guys! Ha!

This guy seems to have his truck pretty closely priced. I figure it's worth an honest 500. There is a lot of CRAP that is being sold for too damn much money. I know there getting harder to find, but, come on people!!

Jester

NOOOOOO! It has a fender, it just looks like the front of it is trying to look and see what the tire is doing. LOL

The peice under the grill and behind the bumper; is that part removeable/replaceable? Not the lower valance. That's OK. THANK GOD!

Jester

Nickle Nose??......What am I missing?

in my opinion, if it runs right and tracks straight and stops ok... then the body pieces are a non-issue. even if the whole cab floor is rusted out, you live in an area that is rich with datsun owners/lovers and plenty of parts to be swapped, bought, pick-a-parted... even if it needs a whole rad. support, at least you can get pick one up within an afternoon's drive and there are people who have done similair stuff to look over your shoulder.

i agree that stuff is goin for too much these days, but that's just how it goes i guess. i blame barret jackson mostly... other various reasons for price increases across the board... but i would say most of the blame rests on barret jackson.

i didn't mean datsuns specifically... i just mean vehicles that were manufactured before 1990... look at the market. it started with muscle cars and hot rods... then it just sorta trickled out to people that think anything made before 1990 is "classic".