datsun 1000

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i asked if they are out there i dont care if some guy bought one. i want one. so why not point me in the right direction. i clearly saw that post seeing as how i posted on it. and i dont see whats so "epic" about it i guess simple minds are amused over what.... nothing... obviously i don't need to tell you that some datsun stuff doesnt "exist" so i was wondering if they are everywhere west side. here in new york i can count the five tens on one hand and there are thousands of them out there so why not be helpful and quit acting like you are the gods of ratsun.

If your question is about a 59, yeah they are pretty rare. They only ever brought about 1000 to the country. Took me a couple years to find one that was afordable. that's looking every day across the whole country, and I jsut got lucky. But I know 2 others that exist in the NE. One sold on Long Island about 3 years ago and vanished. The other is owned by an older fellow who says he might leave it to me in his will, but I have never seen it with my own eyes. I think Purple mentioned one with a V8 that is in the NY area?

All together I know of the existance of about 15-20 or so give or take. 6 or 7 of them are owned by Ratsun members. But I am sure Purple knows of more than me!

Edited by fisch
i asked if they are out there i dont care if some guy bought one. i want one. so why not point me in the right direction. i clearly saw that post seeing as how i posted on it. and i dont see whats so "epic" about it i guess simple minds are amused over what.... nothing... obviously i don't need to tell you that some datsun stuff doesnt "exist" so i was wondering if they are everywhere west side. here in new york i can count the five tens on one hand and there are thousands of them out there so why not be helpful and quit acting like you are the gods of ratsun.

Easy big fella, I could care less how or what you post about. It was a funny picture that made me laugh, I had to give kudos. Some guys will flame about the lack of using the resources this forum provides, that's just the way it's gonna be. I read this forum and searched it on many topics for at least a year before I actually joined, and still ask the occasional question that I shoulda/coulda searched, or just plain didn't find it. So, peace be with you man.

point me in the right direction.

Its called the search button.

The information is there, and you will be flamed for being to outright lazy to click the button to find it.

you are the gods of ratsun.

Nope, not a god. But I can use a mouse and keyboard ;)

Edited by Skib

Take a look on ebay motors right now. Search "datsun 1200" and see what pops up on page 2. Should be easy to set right with all the NOS stuff available right at your local NAPA. This does have Ratsun written all over it though.

A Datsun 1000 in Nebraska? Hard to believe since they sold 0 there, but anything is possible.

There are have been about five of the newer Datsun 1000 (the little ones) sold in Canada over the last five years. It would be much easier to find a older Datsun 1000 like Fisch's, maybe two or three are for sale in USA each year.

eBay is your best bet to find one. Or search craigslist every 2 or 3 days.