Lets see them wheels.

datsunfish

spacers.. oh yeah... up front.... im running double spacers in front with the 280zx brakes.. before only one... weird.. i think together its like 1/2 inch spacer.. i want the gunmetal rb's but not sure what size offset i have to get... i want some wheels that wont require spacers... or me having to flare

+10 to +25 or so should fit with out spacers. Thats kind of a safe range for 510's.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really?? i was told +25 needed spacers.. so im thinking picking them up in +20......

hmm, I was pretty sure +25 was safe. I know over +30 would need them. I'll have to find some +25's and test them out one day.

+20 is pretty safe tho. Should fit nicely, I ran some +19 14x6 wheels on a lowered 510 with stock suspension and it fit perfectly. +15 seems to be perfect for 510's.

as far as offset is concerned the width plays a big role in fitment, +25 7" wide will fit in the front, but a +25 8" wide will have clearance issues with the strut casing I believe. back spacing is just as important in the case of the 510s as offset... also the type of suspension, changes things a bit as well. I like to use a plumbob to take measurements

spacers.. oh yeah... up front.... im running double spacers in front with the 280zx brakes.. before only one... weird.. i think together its like 1/2 inch spacer.. i want the gunmetal rb's but not sure what size offset i have to get... i want some wheels that wont require spacers... or me having to flare

The 280zx struts make your suspension 1/2" narrower, thats why you needed more spacers. When I first did them I had 14x7s with 185-60s and 0 offset, they stuck out almost a half inch on stock struts but tucked with the 280zx struts.

how does mine look with the new wheels?

looks good man, make any progress on your 280zx struts? find another one yet?

ok... so i should get the 15x7 ... +25offset.... right??

fc4e_1.jpg

as far as offset is concerned the width plays a big role in fitment, +25 7" wide will fit in the front, but a +25 8" wide will have clearance issues with the strut casing I believe. back spacing is just as important in the case of the 510s as offset... also the type of suspension, changes things a bit as well. I like to use a plumbob to take measurements

The 280zx struts make your suspension 1/2" narrower, thats why you needed more spacers. When I first did them I had 14x7s with 185-60s and 0 offset, they stuck out almost a half inch on stock struts but tucked with the 280zx struts.

you may need a 1/4" spacer... the 15x7 +25 will fit, your right in the ballpark anyway, it really just depends on the looks your after... wanna go really crazy? check this page out... its really old but the info is still current to the 510. http://kmhafer.datsun510.com/wheelFAQ.htm

fc4e_1.jpg

i thought the offset was a little high for my own personal liking, they do make those wheels in lower offsets. I would shoot for a +15 and you would be more happy :)

in a 15??? i just want to get rid of those rims.. i want these... wish i wouldnt have to use spacers.. y the +15??

i thought the offset was a little high for my own personal liking, they do make those wheels in lower offsets. I would shoot for a +15 and you would be more happy :)

ok.. got it i believe they do carry them in plus 15.... hopefully my 205 will fit... thanks for the help.. i always get confused with the wheels stuff... btw....:D anyone interested in my wheels? Rota's... 6 rims....

6mm is approximately equal to 1/4" so 10mm more offset would get you a little better fitment and would keep you from using spacers. if you can get +15 go for it... if not, a 1/4" spacer is not bad.