It really is an infection...Datsunitis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well fuck......

If its not one datsun its another :/

got back down to Eugene and fixed the trucks broken water pump only only to send the goon home on a flat bed :/

Was headed N on I5 and Jessi heard an "odd" noise so we pulled off at the Santiam river rest stop to let the dogs out and take a peek at the goons odd noise and maybe go down to the river. First diagnosis was a loose alt belt, actual diagnosis was that the ALT mount has come loose fromt he block and was missing one of its bolts completely, and the other bolt was really loose :/ 

So it got sent home on a flat bed late last night, seemed like a new bolt and some lock washers would fiox up the issue till i noticed a piece from the trans X member on the flat bed....

sooooooooooooooooooo......................

when i get home i can look more, ill prob have some updates as jessi tears into it a bit and gets it up on stands :/ hopefully its just in need on some bolts and lock washers 

I have had those all but fall off before ,, these engines vibrate quite abit .. My sons L20b runs super smooth for an L motor and it still backs one of the carb bolts out in about an hour and a half of hard driving..

red loctite!!!!!!

I have some, just didn't use it :/  should have but didn't :( 

I have had those all but fall off before ,, these engines vibrate quite abit .. My sons L20b runs super smooth for an L motor and it still backs one of the carb bolts out in about an hour and a half of hard driving..

ya, well this one boils down to my mistake im pretty sure :/

i didnt see any lock washers on the bolt that was still there so im gunna assume there wasn't any on the bolt that fell out either. 

Maybe ,, but while pointing fingers,, you both should stand in front of a mirror and check out the two that have brought this thing back from the brink,,,, with gusto.

:thumbup:

well that came out corny as hell

• Like 2

'THAT sucks.!!!

Not judging in any way BUT red loctite?

I was taught that it was to be used & considered a permanent connection or on a fastener that has a very low serviceability. That shit is brutal & I know that its to be heated for removal, but it can be hard as hell on aluminum during disassembly.  

Blue 242/243 is more than enough to retain most the fasteners on an old vehicle. I use blue on just about everything on my 49' HD & the badest of bad L-series can't hold a candle to the vibration & heat of that motor. 

Not to mention. Changing a starter or any red loctited part on the side of the road would be a bitch.