It really is an infection...Datsunitis

Actually it was only 10.8V through the headlight fuses, which is what raised the red flag. But that was with car off, so I want to check again with the car running. Actually should just check the at the bulbs themselves... I still have a feeling a nice relay harness will be made.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx man! 

there literally isn't a system or body panel i have not touched on the car.... 

from the time i got my hands on it till now its become a whole new car and i know members that have know the car for years can attest to that 

• Like 1

got to drive the goon a bit yesterday! with an alignment and steering box tune up its MUCH better now!! 

&

the goon goes into the carb and tune up guy today!!!

should be interesting to see what shes like when the valves have been set hot, timing properly adjusted after the valves and the carbs leaned out a bit to find the sweet spot....

or maybe hes just gunna say fuck it i dont wanna.... we shall see :D 

made it to the carb shop, man i love this guy!!!!! (nohomo)

A929B600-311E-4542-93EE-841F502BC9A1-148

got the valves adjusted hot

B54CC18B-BCC6-4873-A383-F23C5139D46F-148

then he went to town on tuning

CB16003C-3DD9-4F5C-B4FA-D08D7E3FE551-148

14A04680-FD52-4F04-856E-6E1C007644C3-148

It lives!! IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5C61BC47-3CAC-4058-BCEA-70D11501E032-148

MUCH BETTER NOW! still diesels when its shut off tho... 

mine was bad enough that it caused the a valve seat to drop, of course fuel cooling the seat in a hot head. That's how they're installed, makes sense they could fall out that way. It provided warning too, I just couldnt figure out what the intermittent chatter was.

ended up replacing head, gasket, timing set, and ran alot nicer, eventually started dieseling again though.

Why waste gas? Just hold the brake and let the clutch up enough to slightly load the motor so it struggles to idle and just turn off. Wait for it to stop to prevent jerking and then release the pedal fully. A passenger won't even know what you're doing with practice. When you think of the abuse a clutch gets daily this is nothing to worry about. Done this for years.

fuck this goon is fast.... truck wasn't ready this morning and jessi had the day off so i got to drive it into work.... 

the linkage wants to bind on the carbs tho....... so that needs addressed ASAP before the throttle sticks and the goon is no more