To KC or not to KC?????

skunk

So me and my girlfriend have two 620s a 73 reg cab

7022_147986259448_510019448_2399705_4787398_n.jpg7022_147986289448_510019448_2399708_8362328_n.jpg

and a 77 King cab

11833_182508086583_612421583_3859328_3605672_n.jpg11833_182508111583_612421583_3859331_964245_n.jpg

now heres where things get hard. Jessi wants me to pic what ones mine and what ones hers,:confused: and the choice is all mine. im haveing a real hard time pic betwen the two.

dont what you guys to pick for me or anything:p i just want to talk about it.

any input?

and the canopy is coming off eather way. ill get a pic today with out it on there

Edited by skunktruckin
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuff choice dude. If yer only 5'-6" then seating room is not an issue. The extra room in a KC is also nice tho for Stereo speakers and subs:D Your 73 Reg cab is definitely the better looking of the 2. I guess it comes down to which one you really like the most.

see my eye does draw me to the blue on a little more from times but then again i like the little windows on the kc, i kind of like how much shorter the blue one is.and the bench set. but yes i do worry about were im going to put speakers in the 73. dont think they will fit behind. maybe under the bench ill have to see.

Take the king cab

I have standard cab rigs and KC rigs, there's just is not enough room in the standard cabs. I am 6'. not enough leg room especially on long trips. It would be nice to have room behind the seat to put some things, speakers, tools, your jacket, whatever...

so theres really only two things holding me back on the king cab,

1 i like bench seats, and the 73 has a nice one the 77 has buckets.if she was driving in the one with the bench seat no one could sit in truck with her, she puts seats all the way up. short legs

2.she cares more about the stereo then i do and i feel bad giveing her the one that has almost no room for a system.

err this suck, i guess i should just not worry about it till we start doing the real custom stuff,:confused:

you could always put the bench seat in the king cab, and the buckets in the standard. that would leave her room behind the seats for 2 small woofers, and a nice center console with arm rest if you wanted.

Two small woofers would be ideal unless you like it retarded loud for competition.

i like the idea of the bench in the king cab but the buckets we have would not fit the blue one. but im sure i could find some.i do know that she likes the KC more.... but for the most part i payed for both of them so its still my thing to pic. this is going to take me forever. maybe ill just get her a 510 and make them both mine lol

Yeah its always a hard choice. Specially when it involves your wife. Hell if it dont bug you then just take the standard and give her the king, you can find another bed or just fix the rust.

Good luck whatever your choice is. I am lucky since my other half doesn't know how to drive a stick. So as long as its a stick its mine anyways :lol:

I have 2 720s in my yard I liked the room behind the seat to throw stuff like a coat and tool box. Like bucket seats myself but for me to put them inmy regular cab i need to do something about the carpet between the seats and clean that up. Just talk to her and swap some parts to who wants what in each truck. Just take time and piddle with them both and make them where both of you are happy to drive either.