1974 Datsun PL620

bobjones

I bought this '74 Datsun 620 in September '09. I've started this thread to document the transformation of my truck. I plan to do all the mechanical work, replace all seals, gaskets, and anything rubber then restore this truck to its slightly-better-than-original quality.

74Datsun6201.jpg

_MWU2304.jpg

74Datsun62032.jpg

_MWU2306.jpg

74Datsun6205.jpg

74Datsun6204.jpg

Obviously, my truck is sitting in primer right now, but I plan to put a nice paint job on it down the road.

Edited by bobjones
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I ripped out the carpet, old speakers, headliner, and anything else that reeked of the 70s. This weekend I'm bleeding the breaks and replacing some seals. After dropping my old gas tank, there is apparently a crack in the side. :confused: Any suggestions? Any ideas where I could get a new tank?

IMG00019-20091111-1715.jpg

IMG00023-20091111-1838.jpg

Thanks for the compliments and tips. I'd like to get somebody to weld the tank for me, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I've searched online for a company to build a custom tank and I think I might just buy an OEM tank and fab up some tabs to mount it. Any ideas for what might be a good fit?

I've been checking out people's rides on here for the last month thinking of things I want to do to my truck. I was thinking it might look nice a little lower... Here is a preview, when the 620 was torqued down on the bed of the transfer truck. FYI, if you're a AAA member, exploit it. They transferred the truck 78 miles for me for free just after I signed the receipt of sale.

74Datsun6207.jpg

RITE ON! a fellow Kitsap Countian.:D Truck looks clean. I love 620's and cant wait till I get another 1. We need to hook up so I can check that baby out up close.