screw toshiba!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a nice toshiba laptop i traded a shell of a jetta for. it kicks ass, when it'll charge. the jack itsself has melted the solder so it wont charge. so in a sence i am not a fan of toshiba anything now.

as for which is better, PC or Mac, i dont know. the last Mac i used sucked ass but it was a Mac SE when i was in school, 20 YEARS ago. i wouldn;t mind a new mac for surfing the web but i have not had any problems with my Compaq in the 4 years i have had it. 2 video upgrades, a CPU upgrade, and an extra 512 megs of ram helped as well as a 2nd DVD burner. still going strong. 3 monitors later :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is relative depending on what you use it for, if you're a renderer go with MAC, definitely but you will only be able to play solitaire, no Call of Duty 4 or Need for Speed Shift.

I would like to have a MAC of they were still RISC architecture. I do have my PC running W7 as a charm and Linux Mint7, but I use it to play online, say no more.

BTW, does dell gives a "free" Office license? I think all of them give a starter edition or a trial. You always have the Open Source appz like open office. Im a Usenet addict haha

And I think that HP sucks....not toshiba.

You download one codec pack or download a new player and thats it, thats all you will ever have to do for a PC.

haha. same with mac! haha. This thread schould be closed! :lol:

I think there is positives to both of the sides.

I personally enjoy having MORE THAN ONE operating system since I do more then just surf the internet.

I know how to keep all my operating systems CLEAN and VIRUS/BUG free.

This is like saying I want to drift so I bought a rear wheel drive datsun, If i wanted to go off roading, I would buy a 4x4 truck. If I was into both, I would need both vehicles. Some people don't edit videos, some people play games, some people surf the internet, some people spend all day on a forum arguing about why they made a PERSONAL decision to buy a computer.

I like the macbook keyboards. They are the best keyboards you can buy. Oh and it comes with a laptop attached to it. Sometimes I play Windows XP on my macbook keyboard. Its a fun game. Sometimes I play Linux.

haha. same with mac! haha. This thread schould be closed! :lol:

I think there is positives to both of the sides.

I personally enjoy having MORE THAN ONE operating system since I do more then just surf the internet.

I know how to keep all my operating systems CLEAN and VIRUS/BUG free.

This is like saying I want to drift so I bought a rear wheel drive datsun, If i wanted to go off roading, I would buy a 4x4 truck. If I was into both, I would need both vehicles. Some people don't edit videos, some people play games, some people surf the internet, some people spend all day on a forum arguing about why they made a PERSONAL decision to buy a computer.

I like the macbook keyboards. They are the best keyboards you can buy. Oh and it comes with a laptop attached to it. Sometimes I play Windows XP on my macbook keyboard. Its a fun game. Sometimes I play Linux.

Vmware?

Interesting read...

I've been around computers since my Commodore Vic20 back in the early 80's. There was no such thing as a Mac or PC...or a GUI...command line all the way. Now I'm dating myself ;)

I bought an acer netbook for $250. I don't think you can even buy the latest iPhone for $250

OP, I still have the trial version of Office. That is why my machine is so cheap. Here is the secret...Don't ever activate the trial version when you open a document! That's how they "time-bomb" the sheit.

Just say Cancel, then No, you can continue to open the office docs forever! :fu:

Edited by hughdogz

Those net books are even getting cheaper too. I saw a 180$ acer at bjs the other day. Some cable companies local to me are giving people one for signing a 1 year contract.

Apples response, all be it late due to constant postponements is a tablet pc in more of a net book type roll and form factor. I'm actually looking forward to it. I like macs ipod/iphone line, retail they are over priced as all hell but if you smart you can get a deal and they are great tools to use skibs term, which I think is accurate.

I bought my iphone 3g 8gb with a broken screen and digitizer and just replaced them myself, total cost all said and done was 125 bucks. I hate phones and don't even use it as one. It's a jacked up ipod/hand held as far as I'm concerned, and it is wonderful lol.

It's funny people think I'm fucking with them when they see me with the iphone all over the place but when they ask me for my cell number I tell them I don't have one :lol:.