screw toshiba!!!!!!!!!!!!

well guys i bought a toshiba laptop about 2 months ago, actually i bought 2 of them, ,well i use it for college and it seems as though my "trial version" has run out, microsoft office fails to work, those fucking bastards screwed me, basically i get a fucking shell for a computer that i have to purchase my own software, dont buy shit fronm those bastards!!!!!!! mother fuckers, i should have bought a dell god damnt, i swear obama and everyone else is like durr what the hell the economy is fucked up!!! well no shit asshole everybody wants to make a killing and rip everybody else off!!! wheres an honest living anymore?????????? Well now ive wasted a shitload of my college money on a piece of shit computer, never again willi buy a toshiba!!!!!! DELL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its like buying a chevy and wondering why the transmission blows up at 70k...

they PLAN on you buying another computer after this one fails.

honestly, mac gets shit talked about it a lot, but, the products are worth the money. and they have an enormous army of tech support people (who speak english!!! and are based here in the states!) and forums like this one to answer questions.

i had to break it down one time... i averaged 1 pc a year- they would slow down and get buggy as soon as the subcriptions to the anti-virus companies ran out.

So, if I spent avg. $500 on each pc, if i just saved that money, i could get a mac for about $1500...

Sounds like a lot, but a got my first iMac 17" in 2004 for $1600...

...and it's now 2009 and it's running like new! it had 1 disc drive burn out, and 1 capacitor overheat- both of which Apple paid for free of charge!

I made countless music recordings, short films, 1 feature film, and thousands of hours of internet (boobies:D) and music use... and it NEVER got a virus or slowed down!!!!

it really pisses me off that Microsoft KNOWS how keep computers from getting bugs, but they will not fix it because they make more money from selling anti-virus software!

you end up spending waaay more in fixes and new machines with pc in my opinion...

it's like buying a honda civic VS. a pontiac sunfire-

sure the pontiac is cheaper off the lot, and they'll finance you for $0 down...

...but the thing is made of plastic and chewing gum, and it won't be with you for very long before costing you more $$$...

end rant.:rolleyes:

Hi Im a mac, and Im made of aluminum and glass.

Hi Im a PC, Im made of the most inexpensive plastic and parts money can BARTER for, Im designed to be inexpensive and serve under the dark lord Microsoft. (or linux smartass)

go mac.

also apple did better than pretty much every one during the "recession" make quality products, get quality users, ???? , profit.

Edited by ichorid

I bought a damn Toshiba vcr (lots of disney kids movies on tape). I read the consumer reports and bought the best I could find, thinking that if I'm spending money on old tech I should buy the best and never buy another. Well this wonder machine that has 20 sec rewind now takes 15min to rewind a tape and generally sucks ass. Fuck Toshiba:mad:

I'm about to go Mac, burned thru 3 pcs in two years

Edited by nismo dr

I've owned both mac's and PC's and for everyday use, I'll take a PC anyday, If I'm making a video or editing music, I'll use a mac. My free IBM thinkpad has outlasted and outperformed any off the shelf computer i have even bought. (full versions of office, word, excel..etc came with it)

(the only way you gonna kill a chevy is by beating on it, or not taking care of it.)

well i just spent another hour on the phone talking with toshiba and i told them that i would never buy shit fromt hem again and that im gonna download this shit from limewire, they replied with saying that downloading it from limewire was shady and that i could buy it for only126$$$$$$ i said no whats shady is that you guys rip off your consumers, mother fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubuntu Linux? anyone? anyone?

Anyway, I just got windows 7, the only good thing Indiana University has done for me, and I will say this.

Unlike Vista, it doesn't suck at life. I enjoyed xp kinda and vista sucked, but 7 is actually stable, which a first release windows program hasn't been able to do since, 3.1?

Before 7 I seriously considered a mac, but my self built pc I made for pennies compared to the giant suckholes of Dell and HP has been pretty much through hell and back and she's still going strong.

well guys i bought a toshiba laptop about 2 months ago, actually i bought 2 of them, ,well i use it for college and it seems as though my "trial version" has run out, microsoft office fails to work, those fucking bastards screwed me, basically i get a fucking shell for a computer that i have to purchase my own software, dont buy shit fronm those bastards!!!!!!! mother fuckers, i should have bought a dell god damnt, i swear obama and everyone else is like durr what the hell the economy is fucked up!!! well no shit asshole everybody wants to make a killing and rip everybody else off!!! wheres an honest living anymore?????????? Well now ive wasted a shitload of my college money on a piece of shit computer, never again willi buy a toshiba!!!!!! DELL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I maybe able to help you out on your OFFICE problem. Go to the top of OFFICE while its running and goto help, then down to about. PM me what the info is inside that box. Version and what not...

I always ran Macs for my business from the beginning of System 7. Bullet proof never problems. I wanted to get on the internet and cheaped out and bought a PC. In 2000, after I wasted a couple of grand on a compaq and monitor and everything the thing crashed so many times running Windows 95 & 98. After I wasted a couple hundred bucks on Norton anti-virus vapor ware and another few hundred on tech support, the POS went up in smoke from viruses. I lost three years worth of stuff.

I got an iBook G4 and it has been flawless for almost six years. Macs might look like they cost a lot but the OS and the Apps are worth it. I love Garage Band and iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD. It also came with Quicken and Safari the browser. I get upgrades to download all the time for free.

Wish I had an iPod and a iPhone!

its like buying a chevy and wondering why the transmission blows up at 70k...

they PLAN on you buying another computer after this one fails.

honestly, mac gets shit talked about it a lot, but, the products are worth the money. and they have an enormous army of tech support people (who speak english!!! and are based here in the states!) and forums like this one to answer questions.

i had to break it down one time... i averaged 1 pc a year- they would slow down and get buggy as soon as the subcriptions to the anti-virus companies ran out.

So, if I spent avg. $500 on each pc, if i just saved that money, i could get a mac for about $1500...

Sounds like a lot, but a got my first iMac 17" in 2004 for $1600...

...and it's now 2009 and it's running like new! it had 1 disc drive burn out, and 1 capacitor overheat- both of which Apple paid for free of charge!

I made countless music recordings, short films, 1 feature film, and thousands of hours of internet (boobies:D) and music use... and it NEVER got a virus or slowed down!!!!

it really pisses me off that Microsoft KNOWS how keep computers from getting bugs, but they will not fix it because they make more money from selling anti-virus software!

you end up spending waaay more in fixes and new machines with pc in my opinion...

it's like buying a honda civic VS. a pontiac sunfire-

sure the pontiac is cheaper off the lot, and they'll finance you for $0 down...

...but the thing is made of plastic and chewing gum, and it won't be with you for very long before costing you more $$$...

end rant.:rolleyes:

I drive a 2006 Chevy and its a solid brand. Dude, you are living in the past. I also drive a Honda. Chevy is as good and in some aspects better than the Honda.

Funny. Mac guys always talk shit about pcs, and pc guys always talk shit about mac... So tired of hearing about how one is better than the other.

its just a matter of opinion. I build my own computers, they dont slow down. They dont get "buggy". They work like they should 100% of the time. I built this pc about 2 years ago and its still going strong today. No glitches, no hickups. Nothing! Still looks good too :D Needs a good shot of air blown thru it to clean it out. Hell. I had 7 computers at one time networked. They all had their purpose. I'm down to 4 now.

As for your software problem. It has nothing to do with toshiba, or the laptop itself, or microsoft really. Those are just TRIALS. I mean, really. Thats a 150-300 dollar program. how do you think they get the price so low on the laptop??? They throw a trial on there.

If you dont like paying for it, do some research on something called Usenet. you can get a full version there :D if you are to poor to afford 10-15 dollars a month for unlimited usenet access. get into torrents. theres a much greater risk in those, but whatever. still free

Saying mac is better than PC, or PC better than mac is retarded. Its like ford guys vs Chevy guys or whatever. Each have their good points and bad. While i am a PC guy, i don't find anything wrong with a mac. I have just been on a pc for 20 years now so that's what i stick with. I have also used macs before. In mid school and high school i took the programming classes and they used apples. I took some elective class in mid school also and we used a mac. Used a new touch screen mac at my previous work. fuck i would love to own one!

As for you girls who get a virus & malware. Here's a helpful hint. Run Firefox instead of explorer. That will solve 99% of your problems. Im not saying its fool proof. but it really is better. Another hint, dont install 5000 useless programs. That will bog your shit down. its like adding an emissions system to your car. Those registry fixers, weather programs, yahoo programs, ask.com toolbars, funny screen saver programs really are just a pile of shit.

And just so you know, i don't even run virus/malware protection. I dont ever get the shit. I know better than to visit certain sites, i know where im getting my programs/games/music and whatever else from so i know its safe. When i did run virus protection, i used NOD32. its just as effective as norton or whatever else, but it only runs at 10% system usage as norton. Norton really is a resource hog. I dont recommend it, and if you really must have it. Get the corporate version. It uses less resources than the retail version. (i do run a scan maybe once a year, because after all. It CAN happen to me, i do know this)

Ghettobraden. I'm sorry man i have no pity for you. I bet you saw that neato sticker price and went ape shit on buying it without reading the fine print or asking them anything about it.

I know some of you will disagree, or say wtf is dood going off about? But i have seen it to many times. And 99% of the time its operator error.

Edited by h2theizzo

Like alot of artists, I have always been mac. I am running a g5 quad processor. The last and greatest of the non intel macs. I love it! I bought it used just as the intel macs were hitting. So, substantially cheaper than the 3k it cost when new, and still under applecare. Knock on wood, it has been pretty flawless. But sitting right next to it is my old g4 which lasted me for 6 years and is still fine, just a little slow for todays software.

Upstairs is my wife's g3 ibook snow. Been going for 7 years, and is a slug if you want to do any graphics work, but still is fine for internet, MS word, etc. The case is cracked the battery holds no charge, but plug it in and you are still surfing the post-tits thread with ease.

I always judge a company on AFTER sales service. Do they care after they have your money? that really tells a lot about a company. We have a jewelry company and sometimes things break, if say the chain breaks and the customer loses something we always replace for free what broke and what was lost. It costs us money but nothing compared to a pissed off customer telling all their friends how shitty our customer service is. I've seen G4's 2nd hand for $500-$600 i would take one of those over a new toshitsta anyday.

Funny. Mac guys always talk shit about pcs, and pc guys always talk shit about mac... So tired of hearing about how one is better than the other.

agreed, Id love to have a PC that works so I could play games and stuff :lol: mines just a POS.

But I love my Mac not just because its a Mac but because Iv used it for anything and everything and its run strong and never had problems all these years.

Its proved itself over and over and I have defiantly gotten my moneys worth ($1300? 4 years ago) :D

Edited by Skib

its just a matter of opinion. I build my own computers, they dont slow down. They dont get "buggy". They work like they should 100% of the time. I built this pc about 2 years ago and its still going strong today. No glitches, no hickups. Nothing! Still looks good too :D Needs a good shot of air blown thru it to clean it out. Hell. I had 7 computers at one time networked. They all had their purpose. I'm down to 4 now.

I was the same way for a LONNNG time. but here is a handy visual comparison.

MacPro-inside-big-04.jpg

If your home built PC's look this good run EVERY operating system on the market with out hacking the computer, and have no BS blue LED's installed by default in the case. Id go your route too. The fact of the matter is most* home built PC's look like this.

before.jpg

Unless you spend premium on wires, solder, spend A LOT of time you're going to have an ugly machine that is damn near impossible to clean out when you need to get in and add say, a new card, drive, anything.

the hardware on the current top end Mac Pro will trump any home built PC and even cost LESS to get a comparable system. When building the PC to compete with a mac on cinebench or video encoding. thats a fact. And if you can't game in OS X, install the OS you want to game on, put the card you want in and be good to go.

As for the downloading software. Find a nice private tracker. Google bit torrent. Uninstall limewire, and get firefox. even on windows I never use AV software or any sort of malware spyware software. Browse smart and you're safe.

basically comes down to personal preference, budget, if you can stomach using an ugly machine, or "don giv nah darn fuc bout damn puter inerards as long as it plays muh skynard fuckit.. merica" then the argument is moot. But if you're really trying to get a definitive answer to what hardware is better. Mac's > ANY PC MANUFACTURE (even the DIY guy)

Edited by ichorid

My PCs case looks pretty good, really the only wire in the way is the one for my HD audio ports on the front, cause it isn't long enough to cable manage. Every other wire is routed behind the motherboard tray. I spent 2k on my PC (bought parts from newegg and built it myself). It's an intel 920 cpu, 4870x2 graphics card, asus rampage 2 extreme mobo, 6gb of ddr3 ram powered by a kilowatt PSU. Vista has never crashed on me and this machine will run the shit out of games. I do like macs laptops, and hell I'm typing this on an iPhone, but I would never but a mac desktop.