chadcopeland.com 620 build.

ChadMK4

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was to do it all over again, I'd probably just fab in the motor and use factory subframes and get a LSD for the rearend. I never had any luck with the little factory motor that was in there. Plus, I'm making around 350-400rwhp with the SR now. I know, it's complete overkill but I like the power on the track. And the SR has proven to be a super reliable motor as long as you keep it under 400rwhp. It cost some money to build but they are awesome once you're done. Plus they don't weigh much more than the factory setup. Fab in the motor, torsion bar lowering, 3" drop blocks in the back, find some fat rims, fender flares, DONE!!!

Would have saved me about $12K. :)

Thanks!

The truck is about to be in a magazine. The shoot was this past weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway. If someone wants to send me some Ratsun.net stickers I will put them in the cab or engine bay, which still has to be shot in the next week or so.

• 3 months later...

Thanks!

The truck is about to be in a magazine. The shoot was this past weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway. If someone wants to send me some Ratsun.net stickers I will put them in the cab or engine bay, which still has to be shot in the next week or so.

Didn't see this before, shoot me a PM :)

This was what I wanted to do to my truck a few years ago. After seeing the work, time, and money that you put into it, I am glad I never tried. You truly have a one of a kind truck that makes a lot of people jealous and even more heads turn. Well done. One of my favs on the site.

Thanks!

what magazine?

what magazine?

S3 Mag. It's mostly an east coast mag. But you guys may get it over there. I'm not sure.

The truck has already been on Hellaflush, Stanceworks, Speedhunters and Canibeat and Motormavens (as some of you may have already seen). Motormavens is wanting to do a full spread on it. We were gonna shoot this week but the Rad fan crapped out this weekend. So I can't drive it anywhere as of now.

And I'm trying to get together some really good shots of it now because I just heard this morning that they're filming Fast and Furious 5 here in Atlanta. I'm not a F&F fan really, but I want to try and get it in the movie. It would be great coverage for the Old School Datsuns.

I see the pigeon is still hanging on... :lol:

Yea thats Petey The Drift Pigeon. My buddy Chris Rhoad is wanting to do a silly documentary on Petey showing the places that he's been. He's been on several peoples cars and been to several states at different tracks. The next time someone goes to another country he's going along. :)

damn man theres always some sick pics of your ride floatin around that make awesome backgrounds... lol

i used to have a pic of your truck in that parking lot on my phone, and ive got the widescreen pic above as my background for work...

people always ask me if "thats a datsun drifting"... lol

Wait til I can post up the pictures that were shot of my truck for the S3 Magazine shoot. I can't post them up til after the Magazine issue has come out. I was scheduled to have the 620 shot for Motormavens next week, but I may have to reschedule due to my new rad fan is super unbalanced and causing it to wear holes in the Griffin. So I can drive it anywhere without a fan.

Wait til I can post up the pictures that were shot of my truck for the S3 Magazine shoot. I can't post them up til after the Magazine issue has come out. I was scheduled to have the 620 shot for Motormavens next week, but I may have to reschedule due to my new rad fan is super unbalanced and causing it to wear holes in the Griffin. So I can drive it anywhere without a fan.

GAH! Whens that going to be!? I HATE waiting.

Datsun Kid: Those flares are for a 240z. So you were looking in the right direction. I think I got them from Z Car. Not sure anymore.

Javin: Dude, it's killing me too! They're a little slow on the publications, but their quality is Awesome! I've been told that it's gonna be on the cover and then I was told that it wasn't. So I don't really care. It was between me and some Cressida. I was a little offended, to tell ya the truth, that they would put the Datsun in the same category as the Cressida. I like late 80's Cressida's but this is a one-off build and Datsun's have pretty much looked way cooler than old school Toyota's in my opinion. The magazine has been wanting more coverage, so I told them that the Datsun is definitely the way, because no one is doing very much coverage on the Datsun trucks anymore unless they have some crazy build going on.

They asked me to put it in their booth at Formula Drift Atlanta this year. People were breaking themselves to get over and get shots of it ask questions and they sold a ton of subscriptions those three days. I'm not saying that it was directly because of me but the truck was definitely bringing them over. Plus how many magazines do you see on the shelf that are covered with Honda Civics, 240sx's and RX7's versus Datsun's. I don't pick up magazines that have the other cars on them because it's always the same crap every time you pick it up. But if I see an old school import, no matter what it is, I pick it up and take a look. I've had a 240sx, Infiniti M30, and 2 Supra TT's, so I'm not trying to hate, I'm just past those cars. I still appreciate them but I've moved on.

*end rant*

I wasn't really ranting, even though it kinda sounds like it. I just had a really good cup of coffee this morning and my fingers won't stop typing. :D