whats up with all these people on craigslist/ebay

inline4

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some parts are becoming valuable. Like 510 dash pads, tachometers, NOS parts, etc.

Not everything is rare though even if the seller thinks it is. A part is only worth what a willing buyer will pay at the time. I have sold parts for alot of money when a buyer needed it and I had it (supply and demand) and got less then half of that amount when offering the same part for sale to the public when no one was in need at the time.

If you are working on a multi thousand dollar build to a dime and you find that your door regulator is broken and someone has one for $200, you may just buy it. If you are a Ratsun owner, you will want the same part for free or $5-$10

I get alot of inquiries from people that want a part like a window regulator and when I say $50 the buyer only wants to pay $10

It takes like an hour to pull a regulator, find a box and pack it up and take it to the post office and stand in line to ship it. I don't know about you but my free time is scarce and is worth way more to me then $10/hour.

Getting back to prices people ask for the parts, if you watch those parts over time, the seller usually drops the price when it doesn't sell. In selling you always start higher as you can always drop the price but usually can't increase it.

Some parts are becoming valuable. Like 510 dash pads, tachometers, NOS parts, etc.

Not everything is rare though even if the seller thinks it is. A part is only worth what a willing buyer will pay at the time. I have sold parts for alot of money when a buyer needed it and I had it (supply and demand) and got less then half of that amount when offering the same part for sale to the public when no one was in need at the time.

If you are working on a multi thousand dollar build to a dime and you find that your door regulator is broken and someone has one for $200, you may just buy it. If you are a Ratsun owner, you will want the same part for free or $5-$10

I get alot of inquiries from people that want a part like a window regulator and when I say $50 the buyer only wants to pay $10

It takes like an hour to pull a regulator, find a box and pack it up and take it to the post office and stand in line to ship it. I don't know about you but my free time is scarce and is worth way more to me then $10/hour.

Getting back to prices people ask for the parts, if you watch those parts over time, the seller usually drops the price when it doesn't sell. In selling you always start higher as you can always drop the price but usually can't increase it.

hmmm, so if I sell my door cards for 250 and my radio console for 150, I might as sell my windows to fund a turbo project :o

hmmm, so if I sell my door cards for 250 and my radio console for 150, I might as sell my windows to fund a turbo project :o

By door card I guess you mean door panels. If they are black and for a 2 door in excellent condition, and you include the rear panels as well, you can probably get $250 for them. :cool:

As for the radio surround, I have never seen one sell for over $75 so getting $150 for it might be a stretch. I have 3 or 4 of them in my garage right now so I don't consider them rare.:( The NOS one I have in a box might be getting rare.:D

This is why people with an interest in certain cars need to hook up with others who are like minded and network. It is usually those who are new to the hobby that buy stuff for high dollar when they have no clue that someone in the same town has a few of them and is willing to let go of one for a few bucks or a trade. And it is also the old rule of supply and demand.

For quite some time folks wanted simple items, like map lights and other little doodads. No one was thinking of JDM parts like grilles, tailights and such. Only a few even knew that these parts existed! Now most do because people are finally putting the parts on their cars and the demand is up! Also, simple parts like the regulators, things you did not even bother getting at the wrecking yard because you where to busy trying to find the stupid map lights are going up in price because they are not that easy to find anymore since no one really saved any! Now they will be coming out of spare doors or parted out cars and thus cost more money.

Also, this is why some of us bought and hoarded some stuff back in the day, because sooner or later, you just can't find it anymore!

that are trying to sell parts for an assload of money?

250 for door glass/ regulators and the like....

And then saying i know what i have and its rare and shit?

:blink::blink::blink:

no shit man, i talked to a guy with 2 rusted out kingcabs for 500, i told him 300 cash and he cussed me out and said the same shit, he was like yeah eah your so better than me arent ya!!!!!

This is why people with an interest in certain cars need to hook up with others who are like minded and network. It is usually those who are new to the hobby that buy stuff for high dollar when they have no clue that someone in the same town has a few of them and is willing to let go of one for a few bucks or a trade. And it is also the old rule of supply and demand.

For quite some time folks wanted simple items, like map lights and other little doodads. No one was thinking of JDM parts like grilles, tailights and such. Only a few even knew that these parts existed! Now most do because people are finally putting the parts on their cars and the demand is up! Also, simple parts like the regulators, things you did not even bother getting at the wrecking yard because you where to busy trying to find the stupid map lights are going up in price because they are not that easy to find anymore since no one really saved any! Now they will be coming out of spare doors or parted out cars and thus cost more money.

Also, this is why some of us bought and hoarded some stuff back in the day, because sooner or later, you just can't find it anymore!

brb gonna raid your stash :o

i dont know whats up with these people, but im gonna have to stop giving parts away and charging,kinda sucks ,i like hooking people up when i can.... i just got a 510 and im like what the fuck are people thinking...im at the point where ill just be missing these parts.....kinda sux..i understand the whole RARE thing..but wow....:eek:

tell me about i have alot of my 510 power train parts for sale in craigslist and believe me i have them cheap and people think i'm crazy

two 4 speed working tranny's = $50 each

2 L16 working carb's 1 is og the other after market = $10 each

1 A86 peanut good head = $ 40 to 50

and when they call me they think i'm crazy they say they could go to the junk yard and get it cheaper or if that's with shipping? lol lol

tell me about i have alot of my 510 power train parts for sale in craigslist and believe me i have them cheap and people think i'm crazy

2 L16 working carb's 1 is og the other after market = $10 each

1 A86 peanut good head = $ 40 to 50

and when they call me they think i'm crazy they say they could go to the junk yard and get it cheaper or if that's with shipping? lol lol

toally off subject lol but pics of the head?

I love it when people tell me they can find it cheaper! My response is "Well, stop talking to me and go get it!"

People never take in the fact that it takes time to get some stuff, resources, tools and more time. How much is their time worth vs. yours? They never think of the work that has already been done!

I love it when people tell me they can find it cheaper! My response is "Well, stop talking to me and go get it!"

People never take in the fact that it takes time to get some stuff, resources, tools and more time. How much is their time worth vs. yours? They never think of the work that has already been done!

Exactly. They want to pay $5 for a part that takes an hour to pull. My free time is more valuable then the time I spend at work so I expect to make more then I do at work if I am giving up my free time.

aint capitalism grand?

:cursing: kooks!

brb gonna raid your stash :o

dont forget what i need! ;)

... people think i'm crazy

well... that is crazy!

if you leave a 4spd in front of Hainz's house, they multiply :lol:

i dont know whats up with these people, but im gonna have to stop giving parts away and charging,kinda sucks ,i like hooking people up when i can.... i just got a 510 and im like what the fuck are people thinking...im at the point where ill just be missing these parts.....kinda sux..i understand the whole RARE thing..but wow....:eek:
welcome to the 510 world. You have to pay to play, most of the time.

If I don't like the price I ignore it. If its something I absolutely must have. I save up and buy it. People post higher prices because they might have room to go down a bit.