Drum roll please...

pharouh

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Daniel, Well it was a California truck before it went to Alabama,that helps. my parts truck was from around here and you could stick your head through the holes in the floor :eek:

btw ,Can you change your avatar? :eek:You're starting to creep me out. :lol: :lol: jk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody!

Some more updates. I've been doing little things here and there. Glad I have a heated garage to work in,it's getting down in the 20's here.:eek:

I've repainted the gas tank,evaporation tank and replaced the hoses and mounted them back on the bed. Just to get them out of the way for now. Like my blue tank? I redid the spare tire carrie and bolted it back on to the only part of the frame that's painted. A hint of things to come. I hope it looks as good as rubberman's king cab when I get done.

The tank before

gas_tank_before.jpg

The tank now

gas_tank_after.jpg

mounted

tank2.jpg

Spare tire carrier

carrier.jpg

right now I'm cleaning the sludge off the transmission case. After reading anout sick620's problems with his fill plug,I thought I'd better try mine. Came right off-sorry sick,I really hope you get that. I know that's aggravating. :(

I hope to do some more painting to the frame this week.

Paint fumes...:D

later

• 3 weeks later...
just a quick update. The rear of the chassis painted,brake lines are back where they should be. Now I'm trying to get the rear drums off. I've been looking at posts,so don't yell at me about the search.

chassis.jpg

there should be 2 threaded holes in the drum run some bolts thew them and press the drum off make sure to back the adjuster off to make this easier if that doesnt work bst out the hammer and TAP around the drum to break it loose

• 2 months later...

Long time no update,I know. I wanted to get the frame done before I posted pics. All of the front suspension is back together now with new bushings,shocks,brakes,brake hoses,etc. turned out pretty good I think for an amateur restoration. i didn't want to just paint everything black and call it good,the upper 'a' frames are metallic gray,the sway bar is Eastwood detail gray,and almost all of the bolts, brake and fuel lines,and their fasteners have been cleaned up to look like new. A very time consuming thing.

Next,the transmission is coming off for a new clutch. Ought to be fun,I've never done that before. Well,I've never done this before either. :unsure:

chassis1.jpg

chassis2.jpg

l_front.jpg

more later!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Exciting news guys!

The engine is finally going back together! I got the head back,so it went on along with a new timing chain kit. New water pump.I'm not going to put the manifolds on until after the truck is painted,so it's going to be awhile. Besides I need new exhaust manifold studs and nuts. Where can I get those? Ebay?

eng2.jpg

eng3.jpg

eng1.jpg