510 Engine Bay ID Plates, KA24DE

I made some decals that will replace the ID plate on the strut tower to show that the car has a KA24DE. Stick this to an aluminum plate and stamp in your appropriate VIN number and engine serial number. These are clear vinyl stickers printed with black and then laminated. One has the corners cut out and the others have the border still intact, as pictured.

IMG_3434.jpg

No Longer Available.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of having a decal plate that has the correct motor info on it, but be careful with this. You are altering a factory VIN plate. That can be classified as a felony. You enter a big grey area with that. The felony usually involves altering the VIN for a profit on the vehicle. You would be leaving that grey area up to a judge that might be having a bad day.

the engine ID plate is NOT the VIN (although its on there & is what the DMV used to confirm mine)

the dash VIN & firewall stamped VIN were not confirmed either, idiots!!! :rolleyes:

the dash is the one that needs to be unaltered. they looked to see if it was there is all.

That true but lets say you go tot he dmv and they look at the dash vin and want to confirm it then they see that sticker shit under there, it's not going to end well.

Did all datsuns come with a fire wall vin too? I don't think I ever seen one on my s30. If its from being oblivious or it not being there though I can't say lol.

As coincidence would have it too my dash vin is mia, the dmv said the plate was enough Idk. I think I'm going to just paint the vin onto another plate I have for the dash just to have one there. I fear getting pulled over by the wrong cop.

That true but lets say you go tot he dmv and they look at the dash vin and want to confirm it then they see that sticker shit under there, it's not going to end well.

Did all datsuns come with a fire wall vin too? I don't think I ever seen one on my s30. If its from being oblivious or it not being there though I can't say lol.

As coincidence would have it too my dash vin is mia, the dmv said the plate was enough Idk. I think I'm going to just paint the vin onto another plate I have for the dash just to have one there. I fear getting pulled over by the wrong cop.

the plate unscrews = not permanent. remove for the DMW trip or stamp the VIN into the plate. not possible w/a sticker.

i bought aftermarket factory spec plates to make mine 'appear' new :D ill stamp the VIN @ some point...

the VIN is supposed to not be easily removed and why there is usually more than 1.

i know 68 - 73 510's all have the firewall VIN (seen that problem overcome too ;) ).

other dattos i have no exp with.

Ya the the end point though isn't it? Just get a repro plate and do it right. If need be you can switch it out and it is flat out hotter looking.

I'll have to really go check my z and see if there is a firewall vin, I could have easily just never noticed it, very easily lol.

Ah the firewall vin swap, helping certain ethnicities make money since 19XX :lol:

the engine ID plate is NOT the VIN (although its on there & is what the DMV used to confirm mine)

the dash VIN & firewall stamped VIN were not confirmed either, idiots!!! :rolleyes:

the dash is the one that needs to be unaltered. they looked to see if it was there is all.

I agree that it is not the legal VIN tag, but encountering the wrong Patrolman having a bad day could be a problem. I think that it is a gray area that i would prefer to not cross.

they look like stickers that stick over the stock plate cut the area out for the vin and restamp the stock plate for the engine number and problem solved i dont see what thats so hard

No one ever said it was hard, they said it's tampering with a vin whether primary or not and that getting pulled over by the wrong officer could result in a bad time and or money. Then IMO that person will come post a bitching thread about how unfair so and so state is or how much cops suck lol.

Why even risk it or have to look at some chopped up sticker just so it says ka?

Do it the right way, get a vin plate and stamp it, throw the original in the glove box with your reg or w/e.

they look like stickers that stick over the stock plate cut the area out for the vin and restamp the stock plate for the engine number and problem solved i dont see what thats so hard

How about this one: Place the sticker on the back of your existing plate (if and where applicable applicable)

This way, if you get pulled over, two major things will match the existing plate: The Firewall VIN and the VIN on the dash. You then casually mention to Officer DooGood that the plate has been altered for show purposes only, and that you *forgot* to flip the plate over after the show. Problem Solved...

You then casually mention to Officer DooGood that the plate has been altered...

:thumbdown:

altered / modified / customized :eek: would all alert Officer DooGood to look hard at everything, flag ya, impound it or ???

anything to soothe the bug up his ass. :cursing:

that and dont pop the hood.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.