Crazy Datsun 510

INDY510

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it lower ??? Does it run yet or are you just going for the lowest non driving 510 out there?? I dont like my cars too low otherwise they scrape on everything and it gets old fast.:D

I think icehouse has you beat LOL

icehouse68.jpg

Edited by sssr20det510

You pushed it to another area around your house to take a picture?

Like I said, lowness doesn't count unless you can drive it that way. So far, you haven't driven it. Yeah, cars that are low when parked (bagged cars/trucks) look cool, but when you go to drive away they now look like ass. I find a car that always runs a low ride height much cooler than the other stuff. Bags and such are just cheating.

Plus, at your new proposed ride height the suspension geometry is horrible. Below ground roll centers and crazy bump steer curves suck.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

He did not push it to a new location he threw a peice of plywood under the front,:blink:

and hacked the valance to give it the *lower * stance:blink:

*edit*

Well aint that great I got the valance right he posts the same time, As I did:lol::lol::eek:

Need to call a wrecker or recycler soon now do yah????:lol::lol::rolleyes:

Edited by 510freak
Wow,,, I am surprised no one noticed the front end has a 3 inch body drop....

No,,, seriously I lowered the headlights, grill, valence, hood, and fenders 3 inches.

I am surprised defdes didn't notice:

DSCN1655.JPG

Okay... I'm officially crazy:blink: Imagine when I put some stock fenders on:drool:

If I put a full cage in this car, I could probably body drop the whole thing....

DSCN1663.JPG

If you look closely you can see where the hood is dented to fit the camber plates:D,, and the valve cover is hitting the hood:lol:

WHY??????????? I dont get why you would do that they are way funner to drive than chop up

If you want to channel the car, or "body drop" it as the mini truck guys say, there is a better way to go about it. The front crossmember could easily be moved up into the body, as well as the t/c rod pick up points. The steering may be a bit harder, but it could be done. For the rest of the car, I have seen race cars where they cut out the floor section of the car and move it up a few inches in respect to the body. Just moving the fenders and valence down a few inches is a bit silly IMO.

Edit:

Here is an example of a 510 that this theory has been applied to. Note the lack of rockers. Now this is a low car!

file.php?id=9997&mode=view

Edited by Duke

Edit:

Here is an example of a 510 that this theory has been applied to. Note the lack of rockers. Now this is a low car!

Damn you Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want my car that low.... Duke would it be possible to keep it unibody???? Thanks a lot.....:fu: haha

I gotcha. I prefer a straight super sonic line, but it does make it look way lower!

Guys don't forget it's his car, I would rather see Indy has some fun with his car than more than I would like to remember seeing parted out or at the wrecker!! O the sad stories..... I remember looking at some parts a guy was selling, he showed me the car they came of, a nice to door on it's side so he could remove an A arm he sold..... O Shawn's friend at Pull A Part who DROVE a running 4 door into it's death.... Shit don't get Hainz on this thread, I've heard enough sad 510 stories. If Indy's having a good time that's great, that's the only reason so many are left. Everyone enjoys them in there own way. I personally like driving my L series one (AKA the pop corn machine) with wore out 40's everyday even though I've wired more than I can remember EFI harnesses..... :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
I gotcha. I prefer a straight super sonic line, but it does make it look way lower!

Guys don't forget it's his car, I would rather see Indy has some fun with his car than more than I would like to remember seeing parted out or at the wrecker!! O the sad stories..... I remember looking at some parts a guy was selling, he showed me the car they came of, a nice to door on it's side so he could remove an A arm he sold..... O Shawn's friend at Pull A Part who DROVE a running 4 door into it's death.... Shit don't get Hainz on this thread, I've heard enough sad 510 stories. If Indy's having a good time that's great, that's the only reason so many are left. Everyone enjoys them in there own way. I personally like driving my L series one (AKA the pop corn machine) with wore out 40's everyday even though I've wired more than I can remember EFI harnesses..... :blink:

your a good man haha

So you continue to drop a car that doesn't run?:confused:

And If it did you couldn't steer unless you chopped on your fenders..

I don't get the whole lowering thing..

It's crap..

No.

Its about the style someone is going for.

my exhaust scrapes the ground on most things, but i continue to have superb handling, no bump steer, better cornering, and IMHO a better stance compared to your stock suspension 510 with a wheel gap i can stick my head in.

To each his own, don't be so perverse.