What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Not "today", but this weekend let my brother (visiting from Cali) driver her around Tacoma and have her break down at Mouse Meat inc with no spark. 

Got her home and charged the battery and she fired up no problem, but for some reason I'm only getting 11.8 volts out of a brand new alternator.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the only thing I'm thinking of, going to take it off and take it back to Baxter and see if they will test it. 

Just hate taking it off since I have to take the whole bracket off lol.

But for fun, how is your starting/charger system hooked up?  Right now mine is like this:

Battery in trunk, Negative terminal to bolt in spare tire area, Positive terminal runs to starter, then to Battery terminal on alternator, then a ground wire form one of the bolt holes on the back of the alternator to the chassis.  Since I don't have the plug for the alternator, I also have a wire on the Battery terminal of the alternator to the White wire of the 510 chassis.

That's the only thing I'm thinking of, going to take it off and take it back to Baxter and see if they will test it.

Just hate taking it off since I have to take the whole bracket off lol.

But for fun, how is your starting/charger system hooked up? Right now mine is like this:

Battery in trunk, Negative terminal to bolt in spare tire area, Positive terminal runs to starter, then to Battery terminal on alternator, then a ground wire form one of the bolt holes on the back of the alternator to the chassis. Since I don't have the plug for the alternator, I also have a wire on the Battery terminal of the alternator to the White wire of the 510 chassis.

That sounds bout right, try another alternator.

That sounds bout right, try another alternator.

Damn, I don't want to lol,  have to take the whole fucking bracket off. The mounting bolt is to long, damn swapped cars lol

Dash install version 2.0 in progress right now. Swapping out to the correct column shift dash as well as adding some additional accessories I picked up. 

OICS? Or just time for a meet to see in person? 

OICS? Or just time for a meet to see in person? 

It was mostly done at A&W last we hung out. Im sure there will be pictures once Im done. Itll look similar to the pictures that were already in my thread, but just a little better. 

I replaced the front suspension in my car over the weekend. I had 280zx struts and brakes and went back to a shortened set of 510 struts and stock brakes that I built many years ago (Thanks Q-tip!!) The car has handled really weird since I had installed the 280zx stuff and i wanted to see if, known to me, good struts would change anything and after installing them and doing a string toe alignment and Boy what a difference! The car turns corners as it should and doesn't feel unpredictable and unstable anymore!!! Something was definitely wrong with those zx struts. I think one might have been bent.

Today I have new bushing for the sway bar arriving and then I need to do some trimming on my fiberglass fenders so that they stop rubbing when I turn and the car should be ready to go to Canby this weekend!!!

Damon

I replaced the front suspension in my car over the weekend. I had 280zx struts and brakes and went back to a shortened set of 510 struts and stock brakes that I built many years ago (Thanks Q-tip!!) The car has handled really weird since I had installed the 280zx stuff and i wanted to see if, known to me, good struts would change anything and after installing them and doing a string toe alignment and Boy what a difference! The car turns corners as it should and doesn't feel unpredictable and unstable anymore!!! Something was definitely wrong with those zx struts. I think one might have been bent.

Today I have new bushing for the sway bar arriving and then I need to do some trimming on my fiberglass fenders so that they stop rubbing when I turn and the car should be ready to go to Canby this weekend!!!

Damon

That's awesome man, nothing worse than a wicked unstable car

Damon

Nice to hear your cheating on your motorcycle with the 510, for now anyway. :)

Yeah I need something to keep me busy, The Motorcycle really doesn't have anything left to work on. It is perfect and what my neighbor says is very close to a museum piece. So I really can only ride it.

So that leaves me with lots of time to ponder the 510 and finally get something done on it.

a friend told me about PLASTIDIP, so I decided to try it on the hood of my car just to see how that works, it's allright i like how the black looks on it. i might pait the hood with some reaL paint later, but for right now that's how it will stay.

IMG_20130422_171212_201_zps59e1d8b6.jpg

• Like 1

Took out the automatic shifter shaft, installed cluster and bezal, sanded passenger side doors and started on drivers door... will get pics and post soon... 

i ran a 225 7inch coil over with sw20 mr2 4 way agx on this car

P1020740-1.jpg

nice, pics of your guage setup from the interior??? 

Yes they go in a couple of 2 door sedans I have. When I get some time to clean up if I locate a spare one I'll let ya know. I got these a long time ago.

can i be put on that list if he's not interested, thnx...

-Rob

Pumped...

3/4 of my rear disc brake kit showed up today.

Bummed...

Only 3/4 of my rear disc brake kit showed up today.

Murphied...

On day 1 of three days of predicted rain.

Woulda been perfect time to commence uninstall (go bo rrow tools), bang pound and cut shit off (run to E.R. / rehab), start install (trips to local parts store #1 #2 #3 etc), finish install, bleed (borrow neighbor), test, fix, repair (trips to parts joint #4 #5). fini.

Sun on Tuesday = drive

Poop.

It woulda been perfect.