What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Clamped one fuel line, only to find a fuel leak in the hard line near the transmission. Might explain why I don't have proper fuel pressure and car won't start unless extremely advanced and lean?

Either need to make new fuel lines (have no idea how) or break down and buy the ones on ebay.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they make kits of bend it yourself hardline for brakes... i'd imagine you could find a wider tube kit for fuel lines. Theyre pretty easy to work with from what I hear

yeah I'll probably have to break down and just rerun lines from the trunk to the engine bay. Probably would be smarter. Which brings us to the PSA of the day. When cutting holes in your body, always make sure you are not going to cut into anything I don't know LIKE A FUEL LINE. Fucking Idiot I am.

559198_4101049520446_1317142982_n.jpg

jesus...what didnt I do...been workin on the dime since 10 this morning...feels like 2 days gone by. as far as what I got done....

-alt wired in

-ecu wired in/mounted with relay and fuse blocks

-welded a little chunk of metal on my gas pedal so I no longer have a gas stick lol, gonna throw the rubber cover from a clutch pedal on for now

-wired/mounted the radiator fan, the one i got was too big so I jacked one of the 2 smaller ones I had on the z...will reinstall the fans on the z later down the road with one 10" and one 14" haha

-put my driveshaft back in

-did a preliminary test/check on my new clutch everything :thumbup:

-changed my wix oil filter out for my new mobil 1 filter

-continued working on my radio delete/switch panel, gonna have controls for ACC, ON, HI beams, rad fan and reverse lights plus a voltmeter..... (anyone at genos house a while back will remember why I now want voltmeters on every car i ever own from now on....)

plus my dad's been workin on some other shite as well...he started the battery relocation, did some more work on my back seats (i only had them bolted in by 2 bolts each, he's been working on the other 2) along with some ignition crap that sucked up some good time

we learned today that a lot more gets done when you have CONSTANT motivation ratsun style....i give you the newest addition to our (his :P ) garage....

2f004ddd.jpg

close up of the screen..... (forget who's pic this was but I couldnt NOT make it my background)

94dd3472.jpg

and our working environment for the last 4-5 hours...

th_75891549.jpg

funny thing is that TV is mine and is coming with me when I move later this week, so the addition will be short lived but trust me...more gets done when you have a constant slideshow of dattos nicer than yours haha

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/jgong9609/1971%20Datsun%20510%204%20door/F6037EB1-287C-45C6-8B37-6973FFC34832-1877-0000021EFB71A299.mp4

anyone know what might cause idling issues? it barely idles and only does this well because I adjusted the throttle cable so the butterfly valve in the intake is slightly cracked open. and the revs drop kind of slowly. would that be a vacuum issue or could it just be my 11 lb flywheel takes a bit longer to stop rotating?

So last weekend as an early birthday present I received a new radiator. After 2 months of running in the red all the time (driving from Portland to Eugene about 1.5-2 hours) it was much needed. Unfortunately it has also caused my lower hose and one of the hoses to the heater core to split on me.

But I cant get the temp gauge to move no matter how hard i push it which is a huge load off my mind in the current heat.

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Decided to make my low beams and high beams come on together. Easy to do on a 70+ 510, just perma ground the red/black wire, note, my outer lights are lows only, and inners are high only.

WP_000075.jpg

BMW projectors?

I fixed up my gas pedal and throttle cable today thanks to advice from Creepy Cruiser

Stock 510 pedal on the left + S14 240sx pedal on the right

533262_4141479771177_152269710_n.jpg

=

510sx pedal

264634_4141231124961_383926612_n.jpg

Installed in the car along with S14 throttle cable.

255397_4141233725026_741714800_n.jpg

sorry crappy iphone pics.

Installed hood pins and finally got proper mounts for my spal. I have 1/4" between the fan and the water pump pully. I had zip tied it initially but almost lost the fan on the freeway. All 4 broke off and was hanging on. One fan grill got kissed by the pully but thats all. Could have been worse. Engineer I am not

Hood pins were a piece of mind thing. My hood latches but I just stare at it nervously on the freeway with all the shimmying and shaking it does.

Ripped my radiator out yesterday, since I wore a nice hole in the damned thing. Thank you electric fan.

Worst part is that I suspected it would happen - and did it anyways. Live and learn.

Dropped it off at a guy today to see if he could repair it, but had some doubts if it would work or not. Here's to hoping, or else I'll be getting a new radiator.

Also ordered in a set of rubber isolators for my McKinny motor mounts. Since they would be the reason the fans vibrated so damned much... along with everything else. It's a nice feeling when you get on it but, it's still a driver - so I'll likely enjoy the rubber mounts more.

My only concern is if they are going to move just enough for the exhaust to rattle, since the exhaust is tucked up really close to the floor - and I have 2.25" going through the stock crossmember hole. With the poly mounts it isn't a problem at all. I may end up using a combo of both, rubber on one side and poly on the other. I'll give it a shot either way, not like it's hard - and trying it out just means I'm half way to full-rubber. :D

drove it to the beach. B)

which beach? I love the beaches up there. now i just gotta get my dime out to the beaches down here!

also. got a roof rack! finally! haha my favorite aesthetic mod (for me at least. I don't have my use for a rack) and it took a year!

EE153C3E-9989-4ADD-B12D-C31850EE0602-17535-0000161116D37922.jpg

452A98B0-89D3-4533-BEDC-C99147CEEF1A-17535-0000161120CB6B83.jpg