I can see the skyline from my rooftop

Went to the car lot a block from my home and took some photos to use up the roll. (check the Z car section for the 300 Z Fairlady TT) While taking her picture I was beside a Skyline GTR RB 26 TT and I/C. (about 300 ponies) Here's some photos...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, just up the street one block. The interior shot of the steering wheel shows the asking price of $19,500 CDN on the window. The Fairlady Z TT beside it was about the same price, but has dropped to $16,500.

The problem in Canada is that there is some new legislation pending that may only allow 25 instead of the current 15 year old cars to be owned and opperated. Sorry, I didn't get the whole story, probably didn't get it straight either. I think the concern is that some of them may not be legal to licence or something. Really like the Skyline though!

• 4 weeks later...

So what happens down there? Are there JDM importers that have car lots you can go shopping at or do you have to import your own?

I live an a really small town near several small city/towns on Vancouver Island and was blown away when I found this car lot. It used to be a bike shop, a rent-all, a coffee stop, then a sort of speed supply (very small). I went in and there was lots of the usual 'fart pipes' and crap? and the guy there said they could import JDM motors and parts, anything I wanted. Well I thought it was all bull, and not knowing much outside an L20b, did not want to ask for a KAZ3.5VDETT (or whatever, to get a price), and get a blank stare back. The next time I went by, (it's not the usual direction I turn) there were cars parked out front. I don't remember any cars before, and anyway I thought it was the customer's parking lot. So I went in and suddenly was wading in TT RHD's. Can't figure why here, it's a poor location.

Maybe I should check into some stuff. Wasn't there a JDM turbo manifold for the L series? Probably twin cam heads and shit for other motors too. If I knew what to ask for, I'd go back and check their prices.

Dude, there is a place like that next to Ted's house, also a bad location for ricer cars. I think with the internet these days location doesn't mater as much. I have never seen a skyline at the shop in Yelm but most of the cars have gullwing doors and neon paint.

there's rumors that the place down by me(cruzin auto sales) is crooked. i know of some stolen stuff to show up on cars there. rumor also has it that he buys most of his cars from cali and brings them up here. people say that place is just a front for some other opperation. i went to school with the guy and his brother but i don't know of any truth to these rumors.

it actually is a pretty good location though. right on the main drag for most military families. theres alot of traffic through there.

O I forgot about the military base. They sure have some crazy cars there.

So what happens down [in USA]? Are there JDM importers that have car lots you can go shopping at or do you have to import your own?

* I've never seen nor heard of a "JDM" car lot anywhere in USA

* It is very rare for anyone to get a JDM car (legally, at least)

* There are JDM importers, but not much information is available. Guys who get JDM cars seem to want to keep their experiences secret

* Some guys import their own

* We are stuck with the 25-year EPA exception

* Newer cars can be "certified" at about $25,000 plus a crash test, which some guys did for the R34, but their import license was later revoked "due to irregularities"

Spriso Enterprises out of Oregon specialize in classic Datsun imports like Bluebird Coupes.

It is easier to get a RHD car out of Australia:

* Seattle: MadMaxCars.com

* Portland: AussieCoupes.com

* Newer cars can be "certified" at about $25,000 plus a crash test, which some guys did for the R34, but their import license was later revoked "due to irregularities"

It is easier to get a RHD car out of Australia:

* Seattle: MadMaxCars.com

* Portland: AussieCoupes.com

I meet a guy at SEMA who lived in washington with a r34, he said he just hired a lawyer and he did all the work :D I guess the tittle says n/a for most the section haha

I also meet the mad max car dude in sumner, he said he could get me a car from Auz for about 2500, thats in a crate though.

http://www.tyeeimports.com/ this is the place yes Mike?

Kinda funny this place has been lots of diff stuff

Its been a RV dealer

A muscle car dealer

A beater dealer to name a few

Nope, I don't get to CR often. The one I mean is a block away in Royston on the Old Island Hwy one block north of the gas station and just south of the four corners.

Damn things are springing up like dollar stores. Probably all connected.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hmm, dang they do seem to be popping up all over,

Here in Ladysmith have seen a few right hand drives,toyotas(4 runner,Soarer?) and a couple a delicas driving around.

:cool:

I see that there are a few for sale in the buy sell too,private ads(or so they seem)

• 3 months later...

I see Skylines all the time here in Vancouver, quite a few RHD Fairlady's too, and even the odd sylvia. I love the Canadian import laws, it's really easy to get the over here, like 12-15k will get you rolling in a skyline. There's a reason I drive a 620 though, cuz I can't afford that shit. terra2imports.com has so many sweet cars for sale.

My neighbor has a toyota Parado(JDM Landcruiser) that thing is so frikken sweet, he only paid 13k for it too, with 120 000km on it. That's a pretty good price for a vehicle that turns heads pretty much everywhere he goes. I'll snap some pics of it when he gets home from work. the only shitty thing about it, is it has a 2.4L turbo diesel, so it's kinda gutless.

• 11 months later...
* I've never seen nor heard of a "JDM" car lot anywhere in USA

* It is very rare for anyone to get a JDM car (legally, at least)

* There are JDM importers, but not much information is available. Guys who get JDM cars seem to want to keep their experiences secret

* Some guys import their own

* We are stuck with the 25-year EPA exception

Spriso Enterprises out of Oregon specialize in classic Datsun imports like Bluebird Coupes.

* spriso is not actively importing cars :(

* the 25 or older year import law was a gift the raygun admin. in its attempt to "protect" the price fixing of corporate importers

* we have no jdm carlots, but we do have jdm engine importers that slip "parts cars" in containers

* the 25 year law covers epa AND dot compliance (dot=dept. of transp. aka, crash testing) (epa=eviron. prot. agency aka, smog catchers)

* however, it's up to the states to enforce ... kahlifohnia do, oregon don't, etc.

* you only need a $25k crash test if the body was never sold in the usa

* otherwise, you needs to get epa/dot testing done at a certified "compliance" center

* they charge up to $10k to do $1k worth of work :lol: