ka/sr swap mounts and wiring service in san diego

JDM510

I am in San Diego and since Mac over at Mckinney Motorsports screwed me over after spending over 3000 dollars with him.(treated me like I was a non paying customer).. and him telling me pretty much to go screw myself and never return to his shop or else the police would be called(I will post a thread soon for the review of problems I have been having with them and their VERY POOR customer service).

i am in need of some one local that can flip the cross member and do do the wiring service.... i do lots of these swaps and i am tired of having to recommend mckinneys piss poor service

Edited by JDM510
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if someone here knows SR20store.com? or Marco Vargas?

Why do you keep sub-contracting this service, if you already have done lots of those swaps, you can start your own, am I wrong?

P.S. sr20store is in CA.

what kind of motor/year are you putting in the car?

Jeff had done my wiring, but I have some spare harnesses for a KA that I could wire up (copying mine) and you can test on your car if you'd like.

I live off of Mira Mesa Blvd.

i am in San Diego and since mckinney screwed me over after spending over 3000 dollars with him... and him telling me pretty much to go screw myself (I will post a thread soon for the review of problems I have been having with them and their VERY POOR customer service)

i am in need of some one local that can flip the cross member and do do the wiring service.... i do lots of these swaps and i am tired of having to recommend mckinneys piss poor service

i'm curious about your problems with mckinney motorsports. do tell

^^^^ a full review thread will be in action here soon... trust me what i went threw with Mac over at mckinney no one should ever have to go threw!!!!!!

p.s. i'm free now since school is out. I have nothing better to do :o

So you need a dude to wire up motors that you swap in? I've done quite a few harnesses to date :D Even working on a new circuit board pictured below thanks to a buddy of mine. I used to have a cross-memeber jig and have been planning on building a new one but just haven't gotten around to it... Here is a pic of the harness I wired for Clayton and the boys down south.

turbo%20updates%20030.JPG

Yeah I just pretty much need the service becuz I have not learned those skills yet, some people are better at things then others plus having the right tools is a plus so welding and wiring are not my thing at the moment.

but getting fellow datsuner's on the road is my thing so all people with services and proven working parts feel free to step up and show me what you got ;)

So you need a dude to wire up motors that you swap in? I've done quite a few harnesses to date :D Even working on a new circuit board pictured below thanks to a buddy of mine. I used to have a cross-memeber jig and have been planning on building a new one but just haven't gotten around to it... Here is a pic of the harness I wired for Clayton and the boys down south.

^^^^ i see relays but no fuses???

The fuses are on the other side, in addition there are LED's that light up if the fuse blows :D I made the case out of 6061 just so I could weld it together. Later the case will most likely be made out of extruded aluminum and the installer will have to think of and install there own strain relief

hainz%20007.JPG

The LED's are behind the fuses.

I DID NOT MOUNT THIS MOTOR!!!!

FIRST thing i did when i met this guy was talked him out of trying to pay me to get this mess running and swap for a done right Great running KA24de

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

hahahaha gotta love this

IMG_0951.jpg

and one of the many ongoing problems with mckinneys 510 sr swap parts

(my uncles 510)

these items are suppose to be bolt in and i am not suppose to have to do R/D thats what i pay his lazy ass for

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

i had to have this bad boy custom made up now im still wondering how the hell im going to get a hose with this tight of a fit

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

450 bucks he charged me for this can you belive it the lower dont even line up its to high i need to trim it down too!!!!!

IMG_0967.jpg

and this is not even the part we had the problem over......

EVERY part i bought from Mac at Mckinney motorsports has had problems and is not bolt in like he claims!!!

and then now he offers a redesigned rad and fixed the problem i dont think you should offer a part to the public if its not tryed and tested first rant rant rant

like a said after this builds done and i find all the shortcomings of mckinney i will do a full review thread and it wont be nice

I like your box better than my box :)

2rz2bkx.jpg I might flip my relays and have them sit like yours :o

jeff I seen those connectors and strain reliefs here at work.

Matter of fact I can find them in the Tubskid get ready to be trown away sometimes.

Dont really need a fancy box like that just a cheap folded aluminum one will be good and with standoffs for the circut board.But I will take that box if you dont want it!!!!!Bling

Your sure the circut board trace will handle 35amps????????

JDM 510

Those are some nice 510s!!!!!!!!get them done!!!!!!!!!!then you can hang out the the 510realm with the High Rollers and forget us

Jeff - where are you getting the circuit boards made??

China :D Rob designed the board using my diagram and then had them built in china, that board is our prototype the next ones will be a little different.

Jeff- When can I order a wiring harness? lol but really....when?:D

HAHA :D I've wired so many engines... It gets hella boring, mostly when people don't appreciate the work it takes to make it look clean. I just want to get this relay box's done so people can do it on there own :D

I DID NOT MOUNT THIS MOTOR!!!!

FIRST thing i did when i met this guy was talked him out of trying to pay me to get this mess running and swap for a done right Great running KA24de

and one of the many ongoing problems with mckinneys 510 sr swap parts

(my uncles 510)

these items are suppose to be bolt in and i am not suppose to have to do R/D thats what i pay his lazy ass for

i had to have this bad boy custom made up now im still wondering how the hell im going to get a hose with this tight of a fit

and this is not even the part we had the problem over......

EVERY part i bought from Mac at Mckinney motorsports has had problems and is not bolt in like he claims!!!

and then now he offers a redesigned rad and fixed the problem i dont think you should offer a part to the public if its not tryed and tested first rant rant rant

That's why I like to build my own parts, when they don't work to only person I can blame is myself :D

I like your box better than my box :)

Isn't yours like an alarm or something?

jeff I seen those connectors and strain reliefs here at work.

Matter of fact I can find them in the Tubskid get ready to be trown away sometimes.

Dont really need a fancy box like that just a cheap folded aluminum one will be good and with standoffs for the circut board.But I will take that box if you dont want it!!!!!Bling

Your sure the circut board trace will handle 35amps????????

Yep they will handle the loads required all of the traces for the load circuits are very very short as well. Really if YOU looked at the board it's pretty simple. It's really just to make wiring in the engines easier.

You need to consider short circuit (fault current) when designing something like this. It needs to be able to handle more than intended circuit load. It needs to be able to pass fault current so the fuse can blow. Otherwise the trace on the board becomes the fuse in a fault condition. This not only could/would destroy the circuit board, it could cause collateral damage - FIRE. Something to consider.

hahahhah i would never forget about ratsun!!!!! This place is the shit every one is chill on here, people welcome new ideas you guys are great. Only met a few of you in person but im sure the rest of you are just as nice.

You need to consider short circuit (fault current) when designing something like this. It needs to be able to handle more than intended circuit load. It needs to be able to pass fault current so the fuse can blow. Otherwise the trace on the board becomes the fuse in a fault condition. This not only could/would destroy the circuit board, it could cause collateral damage - FIRE. Something to consider.

^^^^^ see and shit like this scares me

mckinneys wiring job looks pretty good and all sorted and tagged.... BUUUT i have still yet to install it due to other hold ups.... so with all the other problems I been having with the guy im crossing my fingers on this one.

soo icehouse maybe you can pm me a quote for a harness wired up for a ka24de in to run in a 510?????? you include instructions for all the wires like mckinney??? cuz just looking at these pics and hearing about all this circuit talk gets me lost

^^^^^ see and shit like this scares me

mckinneys wiring job looks pretty good and all sorted and tagged.... BUUUT i have still yet to install it due to other hold ups.... so with all the other problems I been having with the guy im crossing my fingers on this one.

soo icehouse maybe you can pm me a quote for a harness wired up for a ka24de in to run in a 510?????? you include instructions for all the wires like mckinney??? cuz just looking at these pics and hearing about all this circuit talk gets me lost

its probably wired correctly.

after looking at the harness (jeff did mine, I wasnt sure like you were) it looks pretty simple... but like jeff said... its a bitch to make it look clean.

Edited by inline4