ka/sr swap mounts and wiring service in san diego

JDM510

Wow those mounts are nice I can pull nicer stuff out my ass! I built some mounts for my single slammer KA in my goon pics are on the realm under my build thread I think they will work for a dohc also I've been thinking about building those to sell.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

soo icehouse maybe you can pm me a quote for a harness wired up for a ka24de in to run in a 510?????? you include instructions for all the wires like mckinney??? cuz just looking at these pics and hearing about all this circuit talk gets me lost

I was watching jeff do one on his KA motor he installed on his truck(620)

it was 2 degs above freezing outside so I lost interst in hanging out with him.

It is kinda alot of work but doable. What harness you using?

Jeff can do it but he is so busy.

Jeff also you say the Traces are big enough???????

Im just thinking How trace is going to flow more current than a 14/16gauge wire.

But if Rob said it works, Its works. I guess thats why you have a 15amp fuse?

You need to consider short circuit (fault current) when designing something like this. It needs to be able to handle more than intended circuit load. It needs to be able to pass fault current so the fuse can blow. Otherwise the trace on the board becomes the fuse in a fault condition. This not only could/would destroy the circuit board, it could cause collateral damage - FIRE. Something to consider.

I agree 100%!! When we get the final board layout we are going to do some tests :D run current through every trace until disaster strikes! :D From a few tests on this board I'm not to worried about it. I do agree a 16 or 14 gauge wire can carry quite a bit of current but most factory wires are more like 18-20 gauge with a few 16-14 guage wires. I've noticed the newer the engines get the smaller they size the wires (just something I've noticed after wiring IMO to many motors :D ) I really don't worry about starting a fire at all though, every board I have blown the traces out of is more like a quick spark if that. Since there is a 15amp fuse for each relay and the installer should install a main fuse it should be great! :D Every Datsun I see doesn't even have the fuseable link anymore :eek:

^^^^^ see and shit like this scares me

mckinneys wiring job looks pretty good and all sorted and tagged.... BUUUT i have still yet to install it due to other hold ups.... so with all the other problems I been having with the guy im crossing my fingers on this one.

soo icehouse maybe you can pm me a quote for a harness wired up for a ka24de in to run in a 510?????? you include instructions for all the wires like mckinney??? cuz just looking at these pics and hearing about all this circuit talk gets me lost

Give me a call anytime 253 227 0692, if you want to shoot the shit or try and figure out a random wiring issue on a datto :D I've done a few "mail away harness" give me a call if you interested.

it is, but I want to try and get things as tidy as I can. it took me a while to get the flag connectors wired for the relays :o

Doing clean wiring is a bitch!!! It's a cool setup, you should update your thread with pics of it :D

its probably wired correctly.

after looking at the harness (jeff did mine, I wasnt sure like you were) it looks pretty simple... but like jeff said... its a bitch to make it look clean.

Yeah the wiring mod's required aren't difficult at all. getting the harness to look like it belongs is the difficult part. I really hate s14 + harnesses!!!! Yuck!!!

Wow those mounts are nice I can pull nicer stuff out my ass! I built some mounts for my single slammer KA in my goon pics are on the realm under my build thread I think they will work for a dohc also I've been thinking about building those to sell.

I told you yours would sell!!!! You better build some, send me a set and I will do a quality check :D

I was watching jeff do one on his KA motor he installed on his truck(620)

it was 2 degs above freezing outside so I lost interst in hanging out with him.

It is kinda alot of work but doable. What harness you using?

Jeff can do it but he is so busy.

Jeff also you say the Traces are big enough???????

Im just thinking How trace is going to flow more current than a 14/16gauge wire.

But if Rob said it works, Its works. I guess thats why you have a 15amp fuse?

All the high current traces are less than 1" long the low sides are the long traces. Since 2 of the 3 relays are a grounding circuit for the ECU if the wires going to them grounded out the relay would just stay opened. The other one should be fine to as long as precautions are made by the installer when running the trigger wire.

My turn to chime in.

I

Hold the phone folks!!!

This JDM 510 guy is a fraud!!!

I sent him money for a wiring harness and he never sent it. Lots of BS in the email box but nothing.

FORGET JDM 510!!!

Read his past posts. The guy has a bad attitude!!

hopefully he sends the harness out soon dont know why he would burn someone on here over 30 bucks

JDM 510 now wants to return the $41 for the wiring harness.

If that money does not show up soon, I have all the old PM's waiting to share with others here.

I belive for the most part poeple are honest let us know on the money hope you get it taken care of

i think this guy got all anal on me and started talking about raping my unborn daughter over 41 dollars thats why i got scared and ran away... lol j/k

no big miss communication on my part, MY BAD and like was said in the PM you will get your 41 bucks back i would not try and burn some one for 41 bucks... sorry again

wow man, it really bums me out to here this stuff about McKinney.

I literally used to work there. Mac can be a crotchity old bastard but Ive never seen, experienced, or heard of him acting like you say... Im really sorry to hear this man.

The first datsun I ever worked on was their 510 dragster...

I hope your shit goes well, I cant even suggest a shop

^^^ you know i was going threw my old e mails and reading all the threats this guy gave telling me hes going to have "people come to my house and test drive my car" when i had it for sale,,, and then claimed to file a fraud claim on me... all over 30 bucks and a RTS issue that i had no control over

i need to know if this was ever filed cuz if you did in fact file a fraud claim then im forsure not going to refund your money!!!!

and i am living pay check to pay check, once i get that cross memeber and get this guys motor in it will be PAY DAY

also im waiting on the tranny X member pics,,, at this point i need 2 shipped out asap!!!!!

i found a guy on the other 510 forum hes making a eng x member like yours but looks shittyer im glad i went with yours

hes tranny x member looks alright but im hoping yours is a improved version of his

dont say that until he dosent pay at payday some people live check to check at least he didnt say go fuck yourself lol

carma is mother fucker. jdm510 burns chum for 41 bucks, and then gets burned by mckinney for some shitty parts.

my experience with mckinney has been ok. i purchased motor and tranny mounts from them and they seem to be of very good quality. i do have to agree though with the poor customer service. the guy that answer the phone and questions does not seem too friendly. when i called and asked if their three inch v band turbo exhaust flange fits my ca's t25, he responded with it will fit if it's a t25. i then told him that not all t25's have the same exhaust flange, he then went on a rant that he's been doing this for twenty something years and that if he says it fits it will fit all t25. the guy answering the phone starts to get pissed around the thrid question.

huh i just came across this thread... a friend and i had done a ka24 swap on my dime, i blew the motor after moving to the high desert. had mckinney do the new sr20 swap, he kept my fuel pump and reversed crossmember and did everything else, nothing really has gone wrong for the past 7+ months, except for a bad electronic distributor (forgot proper name). i was charged an ass load, and had to correct the front valence rubbing on the intercooler though. no problems as of yet, and its a 100+ everyday here. ill drive tomorrow too to make sure.

• 1 month later...
Guest DatsuNoob

Fuck McKinney motorsports! I bought some of their poly mounts for my KAA and it took forever to get them. I had to call a couple times. The 1st time, he said he'd resend them then hung up, the 2nd time he was like, "you havent got those yet? I'll resend them". So I waited a month to get 2 mounts that were supposedly resent 2 times. Unprofessional flakey fuckers