Music gear.

Hey guys.

Any of you play anything?

I myself am a bass player. My father and my roommates are musicians too.

They've had bunches of bands but I'm stuck by myself :(

Guess that's what I get for moving to hicksville.

I got a pretty collection, full studio.

Here's some of my guitars and basses.

Only thing not pictured is a Lotus Dragon and a homemade bass.

P1010107.jpg

P1010106.jpg

My bass rig :D

P1010108.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing not pictured is a Lotus Dragon

ymylightstreak-1.jpg

I thought you said the dragon wasn't pictured?? What the hell is that streak of light on the bottom of this pic then? Looks like a dragon to me. Otherwise you got ghosts my friend.

I've been playing guitar on and off since I was your age. I started with a cheap imitation of a cheap imitation of a cheap fender, then moved up to a cheap fender squier bullet. I've had a few other ones. Now I have a Dean. but its at a friends house cuz i'm in that phase of not wanting to play. I still have the crate G15 amp i've had since I was 15, and I got some other funky amp that works pretty well with my zoom pedal.

Edited by LCDC

I was thinking about making one of these, but I wasn't sure if anyone on here was into music.

Here's all my instruments as of now: (I'm currently working on repairing the one without a fretboard, it was a cheaply made board, but the guitar sounds good.)

DSCF0023.jpg

The electric that's hanging up is one that I built last year, it was my first build, and I'm hoping to start another one soon (maybe a bass this time)

I'll get some better pics later, and some of my electronics and stuff...

• Like 1

^Those are just guitar threads, this one is more broad of a subject... meh... :unsure:

Oh well, I'll post the pics that I took anyways, I guess.

Here's a better dhot of the ones I play regularly: (big picture!!)

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/weaver2109/Room/DSCF00143.jpg

Bass amp:

DSCF0036.jpg

Guitar amp and talk box:

DSCF0032.jpg

Mic amp/ mic:

DSCF0129.jpg

Piano: (yeah, green walls, that's in my sister's old room:lol:)

DSCF0131.jpg

If ya want other music stuff, I own a slide trombone, a valve trombone, an accordion, and an irish drum. I got my music AA on the tuba. Also classically trained bass singer.

Damn am I the only kit drummer so far?

Been banging on drums since i was 12 (10 years)

I own a 1980's gretsch blackhawk kit. Started as a 7 piece with a full cymbal set and now i've got it down to a 4 piece with 14" hats, 16" rock crash and 20" ride (all sabian). Nothing but remo heads for me and pro mark hickory 7a wood tip sticks.

Ive been in a couple of punk/ska bands since my jr year in high school but right now im just playing around in one of my friends spare bed rooms.

When my brother passed away I was given his, what i belive is, 1960's Kustom Bass cabinet and head. It stands about 4' high with 2 15's and a huge horn.

Ill try to get some picture of the set up soon.

• 4 weeks later...

^I'd love to get my hands on a drum kit someday. Don't think I'd have the room though. :lol:

Err, bump. Just got this for my birthday: :D

DSCF0160.jpg

My dad got it for $65 at a yard sale, and just one of the 4 speakers costs more3 than that. (about $100)

I'll get a good head for it later on, but now it's the dedicated talk box speaker.

• 2 months later...
Damn am I the only kit drummer so far?

Been banging on drums since i was 12 (10 years)

I own a 1980's gretsch blackhawk kit. Started as a 7 piece with a full cymbal set and now i've got it down to a 4 piece with 14" hats, 16" rock crash and 20" ride (all sabian). Nothing but remo heads for me and pro mark hickory 7a wood tip sticks.

Ive been in a couple of punk/ska bands since my jr year in high school but right now im just playing around in one of my friends spare bed rooms.

When my brother passed away I was given his, what i belive is, 1960's Kustom Bass cabinet and head. It stands about 4' high with 2 15's and a huge horn.

Ill try to get some picture of the set up soon.

Nah your not the only drummer ....I drum too when I get time...which is alot less than what I wish I could play.If any of you get a chance....and like rock or punk....Nonamefril,Birth Control Glasses,Gainsay.....where the bands I was in and Im shure you can find some of that on a file sharing program :lol:

l_f933e73e7f2be0bb410d2b0815c449a8.jpg

l_1b477e4f27ae8added7ec089f0c6bc20.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

That guitar stand is pimp and a half.

New additions:

In august a friend gave me a brand new Thunderbird Bass for my birthday, it's beautiful and has become my daily player.

When I got the roadster a also got a Takimine Jasmine acoustic, it's simple, no pickup or nothing. Need's a top nut and 2 pins which I happen to have at home. I've played one before and they have a very unique but nice tremelo sound to them. Not bad for 100$ guitar.

And another update. Some drunk asshole that came home from the bar with my dad broke the crossbar in my ovation while doing his "rhythm"

fucker

Alright let's see what I can remember...

In my apt right now we have:

90s Fuzzface Distortion Pedal

A Peavy PA with head

Gallien Krueger 700 RB

1935 Gibson L50 black special (with original case and strap)

Marshall Limited Edition Cream half stack and head

1970s Sovtek Pi Big Muff, 90s Russian Muff

Small Clone, Boss Metal Zone and Digi Delay

Older Dunlop CryBaby

Digitek Multi Effects Prosessor

Pandoras Box

Ibanez Satriani JS100 original issue

1962 Vox Hollowbody (hollywood)

1954 Harmony Acoustic

Aria Pro II guitar

Gretsch 5150 Orange

1962 Lyle Hollowbody

Flying V copy

2 random acoustic guitars

Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul

Epiphone Explorer Korina Reissue Black

Epiphone SG Cherry(of course)

Washburn Oscar Schmitt 35

Ibanez Bass

Seville Les Paul (featured in the Son of Sam movie)

Mics.... various Shure including a 1942 Unidyne BV series (think shotgun mic-elvis)

Just sold today a Fender Sunset Blvd Strat and recently sold a Nashville Deluxe Tele

Oh yeah and various recording items such as ProTools LE 8

And I know Im forgetting shit.

Can submit pics upon request.

Edited by FujiyamaMama

All my stuff is old, and I can't play for squat anyway (I was a singer in high school, went to State 3 times... probably shouldn't have admitted that).

I did try to self-teach myself bass guitar, and bought an old Peavy Fury bass back in '91. Then bought a junk Sears electric so I had something to try to play when I was in the Navy that I didn't care if it got broken or corroded. Found a sanded-off Charvel that played a bit better so have that too. My Bass amp is an old late-60s Kalamazoo Bass-30 and I have a cheap 25W practice amp I found in San Diego (I had been playing the Sears thing through an effects pedal and headphones on the ship). Also have an Epiphone acoustic that was broken and bolted back together- for a broken guitar it sounds pretty good, and my brother borrowed it when he took 2 years band in High School.

I also have a Yamaha pump organ that I got for free- plays fine as long as you blow out the reeds every so often (any dust at all plugs them up) and I have an old '70s Wurlitzer electric console organ (2 organ registers plus an "Orbit 3" synthesizer for 3 keyboards total) that sits out in the garage collecting dust and car parts- I really need to get rid of that. Has a couple "soft" keys so it's not perfect.

I really need to get rid of some of this stuff.