Music gear.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bass player here. I've been playing for (omg) 44 years. I should be better by now...

Got two Fender Jazz basses. My pride and joy is a Noel Redding signature bass. I know it's Japanese,but hey,so is my truck! My amp is a Hartke 2500 with a cabinet I made. It's got 2 JBL E140's. old school,but so am I.

check out the band at www.tophatblues.com .

nice to know there's other musicians here.

I been playin bass and six strings on and off for about 30+ years (and I still aint any good at it) Got a Fender Bassman 410 amp and use it as just a speaker for a Fender Bullet practice amp with chorus and metal drive effects, a Yamaha RGX420s, a Mesetro SG copy (got that so I could go as Angus Young for Holloween), a Memphis pbass (Fender copy), a hand made acoustic steel string and a cheap old acoustic nylon string.

I'll sell you a Warlock instead.

A warlock!! Purple you are more metal than I thought!!!! As a bunch of you know, I am into 60's early 70's Bizarre Japanese guitars. Victorias, Pans, Teiscos, etc. But back in the late 80's I dreamed of a warlock. So much so that I made one out of pine 2X6! (It looked the part but didn't sound the part!) A picture of it does exist with me in a metal pose with teased out aqua net hair! If I ever find it I will post!

I'll give you guys lessons for free.

If you don't practice however, the deal is off.

My teacher told me, " I can teach you everything there is to know about music in fifteen minutes. The problem is it will take fifteen years for you to understand it."

He was wrong... it took me thirty years to figure out that it's up to you to teach yourself how the stuff works. A teacher can only guide you, help answer questions and maybe show you short cuts. It's up to you to do the work.

I was at a party and was introduced by a friend that said I was a musician. The lady said, I used to play the piano when I was a kid I wish I still could, I have a really nice piano..

I ask, well how much do you play every day? She said, "I don't because I suck so bad."

I said, sounds like you don't play, so you suck. If you sat down a half an hour a day you at leas suck less over time and maybe figure out how to work the thing.

The late great Paul Delay used to quote Charlie Musslewhite: "Life is like a harmonica, Sometimes you blow and sometimes you suck."

If you don't blow then you are gonna suck...

FIGBUCK

My teacher told me, " I can teach you everything there is to know about music in fifteen minutes. The problem is it will take fifteen years for you to understand it."

He was wrong... it took me thirty years to figure out that it's up to you to teach yourself how the stuff works. A teacher can only guide you, help answer questions and maybe show you short cuts. It's up to you to do the work.

I was at a party and was introduced by a friend that said I was a musician. The lady said, I used to play the piano when I was a kid I wish I still could, I have a really nice piano..

I ask, well how much do you play every day? She said, "I don't because I suck so bad."

I said, sounds like you don't play, so you suck. If you sat down a half an hour a day you at leas suck less over time and maybe figure out how to work the thing.

The late great Paul Delay used to quote Charlie Musslewhite: "Life is like a harmonica, Sometimes you blow and sometimes you suck."

FIGBUCK

Great advice.

FIGBUCK

you sir are cool....basketball starts this coming week so his time is spent but i will work out details with you after the season ends

I miss my bass :crying:

currently on the hunt for a new* Fender or something :w00t:

Why would you want a fender bass at all?

What a fail of the instrument industry, fender basses...

If you want quality for cheap get a yamaha bass, or epiphone.

If you got big money go buy a warlock or rickenbacker, or a yamaha attitude II.

Iv got a thing for the P bass and the Telecaster :cool:

That doesn't sound like a great idea, never go for Yamaha over a Fender. You just dissed one of the best basses you can get for under 1k. The best thing Fender ever made is their basses(with exception of the Toronado.) Rickenbacker is good for basses but dude Warlock? Ibanez is even better than Yamaha!!!!

A P-Bass is a great bass. With that said we did just get rid of all our Fenders but we didn't opt for a Yamaha. I would say if you're going cheap go for Epiphone like an EBO or a Grestch Electro, or feeling vintage go for Delta or Norma. Or even Hondo made some good stuff but I would NEVER recommend Yamaha. EVER.

Unless you like the feel of a 3 ft pencil.

There's nothing wrong with Fender basses.They're almost an industry standard.

As far as cheap basses go,I had an Aria Pro II a few years ago and I really liked it. Didn't cost a lot,and had a great tone. Lighter,too.

each to his own I guess.

• 1 month later...

i cant beleve i havent posted in this thread yes ok here we go i play bass as some of you already know and i dabble with the guitar here is my collection

my rouge my first bass i got it for $100 used i love the deep tone it has but i think thats the strings

DSCN0127.jpg

my dean ml metalman the first instrument i bought new i love th body style and the way it feels when im playing it but for some reason it doesnt sound as deep and low as the rouge even when there tuned the same im gonna get some better strings and see what that does

DSCN0128.jpg

my strat knock off a friend of mine gave it to me instead of throwing it away i took it apart and rewired it per fender specs and i had a few members of Y&T sign it its soon gonna be taken apart and given a full cosmetic make over make it look brand new

DSCN0132.jpg

my amp (dont have a guitar amp just the bass amp)its an swr la15 15 inch woofer sounds great and was practicly given to me

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

man i had the head of a rouge bass just like that broke across my face at this gutter punk show back when i was squattin in DC.

The band was playin in this small ass basment where Minor Threat first started playing, i was doin some thrash dancing (mosh pit for those of you who dont know what that is) and the band was in the middle of the room. the bass player got pushed right into me and the head of his bass got me right in the face. the top of the head broke right off and the hole room stoped when i spit out about a cup of blood. guy asked me if i was ok and i said "who the fuck stoped the music?" and when back to thrashing.

oh it was a damn good show, my ribs were all bruised up i had a black eye and a half gal of whiskey at my side.myself and about 4 other squatter kids got arrested that night for taking a piss on the white house front gate. i lost my leather jacket that night tho that kinda sucked, but im pretty sure one of the other squatter kids got it so i know it went to some one that would rock it

• 3 weeks later...