My 510's new paint

So after 4 years of working on my car, I stayed up till midnight last night to finally lay new paint on her.

In the first one you can see how the new rear tail section turned out. Pretty decent I think.

100_0885-50.jpg

This second one is of the overall car. The "dings & dents" in the side will not be visible once the box flare is on.

100_0883-50.jpg

This last one shows just how glossy the single stage paint came out. This is what I'm most stoked about. It's like a mirror. No orange peel or nothing.

100_0886-50.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My car has been off the road for 4-5 years now. Originally pulled down for a repaint, which snowballed into redoing everything. Probably spent the last 3 months doing bodywork and prepping the car for paint, when I had a little time to spare. To see paint on it finally is extremely exciting. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• 3 weeks later...
i love how u guys can paint w/o a booth, here in cali we'll get our asses fined up the yang.:cursing: btw i think we have the same wheels:thumbsup:

Haha both times I painted my car I did it on the street or right in my driveway. Out in the open getting funny looks from all the neighbors :lol:

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

As far as painting in the garage, the EPA is quietly trying to make that impossible. Trying to get legislation passed so that only licensed shops can buy/spray the paint. If this happens a huge part of the restoration hobby will be crushed.

Technically the color is called "dark grey", the actual number is D6-50575-A. It's very close to Rust-o-leum charcoal grey

The car hasn't progressed much past the pics you see, to frickin hot here in Phoenix to finish the doors, hood, trunk, and everything else. I'll definitely post pics when I get it together though.