My new 72 Datsun 1800

I just got this yesterday my brother THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX 710 found this 1800 in stockton ca, so me and him drove the car back to modesto on the way it overheated because it had not been on the freeway in 12yrs! the old man just drove it in town but it made it home. The only thing that sucks is that's auto and has some rust but not bad at all. I'm going to shine it up so i can take it to the DATSLOCO in lathrop ca, on the 16th see you guys there.

Picture684.jpg

Picture685.jpg

Picture681.jpg

Picture683-1.jpg

Picture689.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For right now i'm going to make it "freeway worthy" lower it throw on some 280zx wheels painted gloss black that should look good. But as soon as i can i have a new L18 bored out to 1.9 i think,W53 ported out bigger valves and a cam, 280zx 5 speed, nissan comp clutch, and a 15lbs flywheel. Later paint,fix the rust and some SSR MK3 wheels with stretched tires and a FAT LIP!:D:fu:

Does this have a KM speedo.???

Looks like a Euro spec 610.besides the fender mirrors.

as for the paint leave it the same color untill ready for your color of choice.

Do not use spraycan paint on anything unless it just going to be a just a beater. But these 610 are so rare now I would paint it the same color.(black gets dirty to fast. Maybe a black hood and keep the same color might look cool.

The paint shop guys rather paint on top of the old paint preped their way. If you use spay can they say well we got to get rid of the spray can paint due to the chemicals from the Canned paint. Just the way it is.

Personally the stock color is fine. Get some TR3 paint /polish and cleaner and clean up the engine bay.outside you be impressed.

as for the over temp I wonder if the rad is pluged. really look into this. Do the ez things first like the new Thermo stat first.

Ck if the lower hose is soft also. when reved up it could squeeze down choking the water flow.

also run new antifreeze as old stuff will ruin the front cover and cause pitting and fauilure of the housing.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

She is the real damn deal! Nice little coupe! You've got the harder to find trims around the taillights, and she is hella clean (from what I can see from the pics).

What does the door tag say? 13 years ago, I almost bought a '72 (early '73, really) 1800 sedan (still kicking self...). Tag said October 1972. Reason I want to know is that (rumor had it at least...) that the cutoff for 1800s was December 1, 1972. My sedan was built on the 5th of December 1972, missed that by 4 days. Sweet deal, nonetheless. Keep us updated!!

Guest jaimesix

Nice Catch.

That Datto looks very cool, and it is one of the very first 610s, named 1800 in US.

Congratulations. Good to know another nice 610/1800/180B falls in good hands.

Welcome !!!

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Totally rad man. Good catch! I love all the 610 710's popping up lately. When Ratsun started there were so few!

Now if only if we could say the same for the gen-1 200sx!

• 2 weeks later...
I just got this yesterday my brother THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX 710 found this 1800 in stockton ca, so me and him drove the car back to modesto on the way it overheated because it had not been on the freeway in 12yrs! the old man just drove it in town but it made it home. The only thing that sucks is that's auto and has some rust but not bad at all. I'm going to shine it up so i can take it to the DATSLOCO in lathrop ca, on the 16th see you guys there.

Picture684.jpg

Picture685.jpg

Picture681.jpg

Picture683-1.jpg

Picture689.jpg

ok here it is when i first got it and now droped on 280zx

Picture854.jpg

Picture863.jpg

Picture855.jpg

Picture850.jpg

Picture857.jpg

Picture861.jpg

Picture853.jpg

Picture852.jpg

Picture858.jpg

I LOVE MY 1800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok here it is when i first got it and now droped on 280zx

Picture858.jpg

I LOVE MY 1800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love your 1800 too!!!!!!!

Guest jaimesix

:thumbup: Very cool.

610s look great lowered. So you used 280ZX front struts, nice choice, you get the benefit of vented brake discs.

Looks very cool. I love the wheels, painted black, that looks great!!!!

I see a 710 in the foreground, looks like ThinkOutsideTheBox's. Nice!

Jaime.__________________________________________________________