Anyway to fix this?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone might have a instrument panel ..sittin around??

for a 411 or 67' 520?

well lets see the board for the 411 is good BUT no needles

and the board that is cracked is from the 520 witch everything is good.. just that little crack

0507091618_0001_0001.jpg

just trying to make one good panel for my 411:D

someone might have a instrument panel ..sittin around??

for a 411 or 67' 520?

well lets see the board for the 411 is good BUT no needles

and the board that is cracked is from the 520 witch everything is good.. just that little crack

0507091618_0001_0001.jpg

just trying to make one good panel for my 411:D

The 520 guts should fit into the 411 housing. Scrape the green plastic conformal coating off the copper traces on either side of the crack. Tin and solder on 2 jumpers, preferable not solid wire but braided wire, say 20 gauge across the crack and if possible epoxy a piece of printed circuit perforated board [sold by radio shack for science fair kit building] across the crack. The perforations will bond to the epoxy and the motherboard and forn a repair at least as strong as the original motherboard, which after all did crack. An alternative is to remove the speedometer and 2 gauges from the 520 and do a heart transplant into the 411 motherboard. Might not be easier, but you know that the board will fit. The 411 motherboard has a voltage regulator, not sure if the 520 has one without digging into my reference materials which are safely locked in my tool box. Good luck, wish you were closer.

yea it would be kool it one or 2 of you guys lived closer

i like working and fixing up my car.. but sometimes run into things like this.

ill see if i can solder it together.

if it work in the truck. ill keep it like that for a wile. but i guess ill just keep the extra parts. since im selling my truck:D

get some wire and some solder and some flux and should work OK.

flux will help a ton; I prefer liquid. also try to get some thin (like 18-20g wire thin) rosin core solder, it spreads much nicer than strait solder and makes the job alot easier